Standing Order, Licensing and Journal Subscription Information
On this page you can find all the ordering information for placing standing orders, journal subscriptions or back volume orders. Please scroll down the page to find the relevant section.
For your convenience, our Series are available on standing order. If you place a standing order we will automatically send you each new Volume. The standing order ensures that your Series library is complete and you receive each Volume upon publication.
You may place (and cancel) a standing order to a Book Series at any given time with our distributors; brill [at] turpin-distribution [dot] com or (Americas) brillmail [at] presswarehouse [dot] com. If you experience any untoward difficulties, you can always contact sales-nl [at] brill [dot] com.
- When placing a standing order, please indicate: Your personal details. The Series Title (and ISSN). The Volume with which the standing order should start.
- When cancelling a standing order, please indicate: Your customer (CU) number. The Series Title (and ISSN). The Volume after which the standing order should be cancelled.
Subscriptions to a Journal
- Payment: A subscription is payable in advance. A subscription is entered and invoiced per complete volume. All orders should be clearly marked NEW or RENEWAL, "print+e" or "e-only" (where applicable), and clearly indicate the volume number and subscription year. All orders should include the name and address of the ultimate subscriber (end user).
- Individual subscription rates to journals (print only): Subscription orders from individuals must be ordered for a private address and must be paid for by an individual and may not be paid for by institutions or by organizations.
- Prices for Consortia: prices are available on request from sales-nl [at] brill [dot] com.
- Access: Access to online editions is included in institutional subscription(s) only: (if applicable). Access to all available online back issues is also included in the institutional subscription price. Instructions to access online journals can be found here.
- Index: For a number of journals, an index issue will be published. The indexes are part of the subscription and will be sent to (print) subscribers automatically.
Renewals & Cancellations for Journal Subscriptions
- Renewal Invoices: Renewal invoices will be sent automatically, until cancellation is received. If you do not wish to renew your subscription for the following year, please inform us no later than 1st October in the current year.
- Cancellations: Cancellations are not accepted during a subscription period once fulfillment has begun.
Renewals & Cancellations and Licenses for Online Products
- Renewal Invoices: Renewal invoices will be sent automatically until a subscription is cancelled.
- Cancellations: Cancellations are not accepted during a subscription period once online access has been established.
- Licenses: When placing an order for an Online Publication or for a CD-ROM, please always indicate whether you are placing the order on behalf of an institution or as an individual. When ordering an institutional license, please indicate the number of users, and for Online Publications, whether you wish an annual subscription or an outright purchase.
Single Issues, Single Articles, Back Volumes
- Single Issues: Single issues are available for each journal, the price being obtained by dividing the institutional subscription rate by the frequency, plus 25%.
- Single Articles: Where journals are also available online, single articles can be obtained for a document delivery fee via the journal's online page.
- Back Volumes (all titles): In the current subscription year, back volumes for two preceding years can be ordered from Brill. Older back volumes can be ordered from Periodicals Service Company (all titles) psc [at] periodicals [dot] com www.periodicals.com/brill.html
- Back Volumes (titles on International Law & Human Rights): These can be ordered from William S. Hein & Co. orders [at] wshein [dot] com http://www.wshein.com/