Prices, Shipping and Handling
- Pricing Policy: All prices given are subject to change without prior notice. Prices do not include VAT (applicable only to residents of the Netherlands and residents of other EU member states without a VAT registration number). Customers should include their VAT registration number with all orders, to ensure that no VAT will be charged. For non-exempt customers in the USA sales tax will be charged for purchases originating from MA, MI, NY, and VA. Prices do not include shipping & handling except for journals where shipping and handling is included in the price (applicable to all customers worldwide).
- Currency: Customers outside of the Americas will be charged in Euros (unless where otherwise stated). Customers in the Americas will be charged in US dollars. Please note that due to fluctuations in the exchange rate, the US dollar amounts charged to credit card holders may vary slightly from the prices advertised.
- Individual Subscription Rates to Journals (Print Only): Subscription orders from individuals must be ordered for a private address and must be paid for by an individual and may not be paid for by institutions or by organizations. Prices for consortia are available on request from sales-nl [at] brill [dot] com.
Shipping and Handling
Please note that Brill's product prices do not include shipping and handling.
- The Americas: For Book and CD-ROM orders by individual customers, prepayment is required. Charges for shipping & handling are US$6.50 for the first item and US$3.25 for each additional item. We ship UPS ground to all street addresses within the continental US. PO Box addresses and Alaska, Hawaii, and the island holdings receive shipments by media mail. CD ROM orders incur a fixed cost per item of $12. All paperback orders incur a fixed postage charge per item of $5.75. Other, faster methods of shipping are available; please contact our Customer Service Department at brillmail [at] presswarehouse [dot] com for prices and details.
- Rest of World: Book orders are shipped by priority mail for which a fixed amount per item will be added to your invoice. This amount is dependent on the shipping destination (UK: EUR 6.50 + EUR 1 for every additional item/ Europe: EUR 9 + EUR 4 for every additional item/ RoW: EUR 12 + EUR 6 for every additional item). CD ROM orders incur a fixed cost per item of EUR 12. All paperback orders incur a fixed postage charge per item of €4.00. Other, faster methods of shipping are available; please contact our Customer Service Department via sales-nl [at] brill [dot] com for prices and details.
- Trade Shipping Terms: UK trade, free post and packing. Overseas trade using a UK shipper, free post and packing.
- Journal Subscriptions: All subscription prices include delivery and handling charges. Dispatch of issues/electronic access will commence only after correct payment has been received.
- IDC Products: The minimum order amount for IDC microform collections is EUR 480 (RoW) or US$ 680 (Americas). There is a one price category for all orders of separate fiches from collections. All orders for separate fiches or reels will be invoiced at EUR 13,25 / US$ 20,25 per fiche and for microfilm EUR 120 / US$ 170 per reel. The shipping and handling costs for microform orders is: EUR 40 / US$ 60 per order. There is a standard 3% Shipping and Handling charge on each IDC product order. IDC products are produced in scheduled monthly batches. Therefore delivery time is 4-8 weeks depending on when during the month your order is received. Regrettably, rush orders are not possible..
Brill has a number of products listed below that incur a fixed postage cost (tarifs 2011).
- Brill’s New Pauly (22 volumes) EUR 75 / US$ 115
- Encyclopaedia of Islam (Set - English) EUR 100 / US$ 155
- Encyclopédie de l'Islam (Set - French) EUR 82.50 / US$ 128 (out of print)
- Encyclopedia of Women & Islamic Cultures (Set Volumes 1-6) EUR 50 / US$ 78
- Encyclopaedia of the Qur'ān (Set Volumes 1-5 + Index Volume) EUR 45 / US$ 70
- Die Fragmente der Griechischen Historiker (15 Volume Set) EUR 70 US$ 108
- The Dead Sea Scrolls Reader (6 Volume Set) EUR 25 / US$ 39
- Yearbook of International Organizations 2011 – 2012 (6 Vol. Set) EUR 50 / US$ 78