Religion Past and Present Online
Edited by Hans Dieter Betz, Don S. Browning †, Bernd Janowski and Eberhard Jüngel
This English edition is available as a set with the German version Religion in Geschichte und Gegenwart. For more details and pricing see Religion Past and Present Online & Religion in Geschichte und Gegenwart.
Religion Past and Present (RPP) Online is the online version of the updated English translation of the 4th edition of the definitive encyclopedia of religion worldwide: the peerless Religion in Geschichte und Gegenwart (RGG). This great resource, now available in English and Online, continues the tradition of deep knowledge and authority relied upon by generations of scholars in religious, theological, and biblical studies. Religion Past and Present indisputably belongs to the small class of essential reference works.
RPP Online includes all 13 volumes of the print edition.
Features and Benefits
- Strongly international, cross-cultural and ecumenical, written by over 3,000 authors from 88 countries
- RGG has been a standard reference work since the publication of the first edition in 1908
- Covers an unparalleled breadth of subject matter in theological and biblical studies
- Up-to-date research and bibliographies make it an indispensable resource for all levels of users
- Interdisciplinary articles cover a wide range of topics from history, archaeology, liturgy, law, bible, music, visual arts, politics, social sciences, natural sciences, ethics and philosophy
- The 4th edition of RGG, the basis of the RPP translation, includes hundreds of new entries on Eastern religions and other religious subjects. The editors of RPP have added a number of articles and revised others for a global English-speaking readership.
- Over 15,000 entries and 8 million words