New Pauly Online
Edited by Hubert Cancik and Helmuth Schneider (Antiquity) and Manfred Landfester (Classical Tradition)
New Pauly Online features the complete sets of both Brill’s New Pauly and Metzler’s Der Neue Pauly. The encyclopedic coverage and high academic standard of the work, the interdisciplinary and contemporary approach and clear and accessible presentation have made the New Pauly the unrivalled modern reference work for the ancient world. Fifteen volumes (Antiquity, 1-15) are devoted to Greco-Roman antiquity and cover more than two thousand years of history, ranging from the second millennium BC to early medieval Europe. Special emphasis is given to the interaction between Greco-Roman culture on the one hand, and Semitic, Celtic, Germanic, and Slavonic culture, and ancient Judaism, Christianity, and Islam on the other hand. Five volumes (Classical Tradition, I-V) are uniquely concerned with the long and influential aftermath of antiquity and the process of continuous reinterpretation and revaluation of the ancient heritage, including the history of classical scholarship.
New Pauly Online is the unique dual-language online version of this standard reference work for students and scholars.
Features and Benefits
- Includes ALL volumes of Der Neue Pauly and Brill’s New Pauly
- Unique dual-language edition
- Browsable alphabetical index in both German and English
- Entries off er easy, direct access to basic information (names, places, dates, objects) from all areas of Greek and Roman culture
- Allows for basic and advanced searches
- Fully cross-referenced including hyperlinks
- Open Url (Uniform Resource Locator) which enables users to easily find a copy of a resource that they would be allowed to access
Please watch the product demo here
Brill’s New Pauly is also available in print, visit www.brill.com for more information.