Human Rights Documents Online
Human Rights Internet
Human Rights Documents Online is the largest online database on international human rights issues with almost 64,000 documents from nearly 700 nongovernmental human rights organizations (NGOs) worldwide, collected since 1980 by Human Rights Internet. A unique collection of “grey literature” material from small and large organizations working globally and locally, Human Rights Documents Online is an indispensable research tool for all concerned with human rights issues.
The collection contains a vast amount of material that otherwise would not be retrievable from the country of origin and thus brings together a wide variety of reports on human rights issues, which would otherwise be very difficult to identify, obtain and consult. Many of the publications originate directly from countries where human rights are challenged. Some documents have a universal scope, whilst others focus on the attainment of human rights in a specific area of the world.
Features and Benefits
- Full text searchable.
- Updated annually, including both supplemented and new titles.
- Hard to identify “grey literature” material from NGOs concerned with human rights and social justice.
- Published and unpublished documents in various languages.
- Broad range of human rights issues.
- Represents the concerns of all groups in all regions of the world.