Early Western Korans Online
Advisors: Hartmut Bobzin and August den Hollander
• Number of titles: 62
• Languages used: Arabic, Latin, German, French, English, Dutch, Hebrew
• Title list available
• MARC records are available
• Location of originals: Bayerische Staatsbibliothek, Munich; Württembergische Landesbibliothek, Stuttgart; Amsterdam University Library, Amsterdam; Provincia Veneta di S. Antonio di Padova dei Frati Minori, Venice; Universitätsbibliothek Erlangen- Nürnberg, Erlangen; Universitätsbibliothek München. Munich; Zentralbibliothek Zürich, Zurich
This collection contains all Arabic Koran editions printed in Europe before 1850, as well as all complete translations directly from the Arabic (until about 1860). Among the secondary translations, only those into German and Dutch are offered completely. Of the partial editions, only the typographically or academically most interesting ones are presented here. This collection includes Korans and Koran translations in eight languages. It is of interest to orientalists, theologians, philologists and book historians alike.
Early Western Korans Online is part of Quranic Studies Online.
Quranic Studies Online includes:
• Encyclopaedia of the Qur’an Online
• The Qur’an Concordance
• Dictionary of Qur’anic Usage Online
• Early Western Korans Online