Review of Religion and Chinese Society
NOW AVAILABLE - Online submission: Articles for publication in the Review of Religion and Chinese Society can be submitted online through Editorial Manager, please click here.
Individuals are eligible for free access to Review of Religion and Chinese Society until 31 December 2015, using access token RRCS4U.
Activate your free access in 4 easy steps:
1. go to booksandjournals.brillonline.com
2. register to create your own user account
3. go to my account and click on add content
4. enter access token and manage your publication alerts
Review of Religion and Chinese Society is an international peer-reviewed journal that publishes articles and book reviews in social sciences and certain humanities disciplines. All articles will be in English, and Chinese titles and abstracts will be provided as well.
• “Religion” is understood in the broadest sense, including various spiritualities and meaning-making systems of beliefs and practices.
• “Chinese society” includes those in mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, and Chinese diasporic communities in Asia, North America, Europe, and elsewhere throughout the world.
• It welcomes studies that compare religion in Chinese and some other societies.
• The journal is multi-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary in its outlook and presents theoretical and empirical studies of religion in disciplines such as anthropology, economics, geography, political science, psychology, sociology, and history.
• The preferred articles are theoretically driven empirical studies, although it also publishes articles that are primarily empirical or primarily theoretical.
• It also publishes review essays of particular fields, symposia of particular topics, interviews with renowned scholars, and reports of academic conferences relevant to the themes of this journal.
• Submissions of articles and proposals for special issues are welcome.
• The journal will publish reviews of books that have been published in English, Chinese, and other languages.