Politics and Reformations: Communities, Polities, Nations, and Empires
Edited by Christopher Ocker, Michael Printy, Peter Starenko, and Peter Wallace
These twenty-six essays, presented by students, colleagues, and friends to Thomas A. Brady, Jr., Peder Sather Emeritus Professor of History at the University of California at Berkeley, examine urban, rural, national, and imperial histories in Early Modern Europe and abroad, and politics in Reformation Switzerland, Burgundy, Germany, and the Netherlands.
Contributors include: C. Nathan Bartlett, Heidi Eberhard Bate, Ingrid Bátori, Katherine Brun, Luke Clossey, Laura Ford Cruz, Thomas Dandelet, Kathryn Edwards, Marc Forster, David Frick, Jeanne Grant, Sigrun Haude, Gabriele Haug-Moritz, Randolph C. Head, Beat Immenhauser, Steinar Imsen, Carina Johnson, David Luebke, Wolfgang Reinhard, Tom Safley, Heinz Schilling, Regula Schmid, Tom Scott, Narasingha Sil, James Tracy, Sabine von Heusinger, and Peter Wallace.
Publications by Thomas A. Brady, Jr.:
• Edited by Thomas A. Brady, Jr., Heiko A. Oberman, and James D. Tracy, Handbook of European History 1400-1600: Late Middle Ages, Renaissance and Reformation. I: Structures and Assertions, ISBN: 978 90 04 09760 5
• Edited by Thomas A. Brady, Jr., Heiko A. Oberman, and James D. Tracy, Handbook of European History 1400-1600: Late Middle Ages, Renaissance and Reformation. II: Visions, Programs, Outcomes, ISBN: 978 90 04 09761 2
• Edited by Thomas A. Brady, Jr., Katherine G. Brady, Susan Karant-Nunn and James D. Tracy, The Work of Heiko A. Oberman, ISBN: 978 90 04 12569 8
• Protestant Politics: Jacob Sturm (1489-1553) and the German Reformation, ISBN: 978 0 391 03823 3
• Edited by H.A. Oberman and T.A. Brady, Jr., Itinerarium Italicum: The Profile of the Italian Renaissance in the Mirror of its European Transformations, ISBN: 978 90 04 04259 9
• Ruling Class, Regime and Reformation at Strasbourg 1520-1555, ISBN: 978 90 04 05285 7
• Communities, Politics, and Reformation in Early Modern Europe, ISBN: 978 90 04 11001 4
Editor of Studies in Central European Histories