Brill ends parallel run for new content platforms
In December 2011, Brill launched two new platforms: referenceworks.brillonline.com and bibliographies.brillonline.com. In the meantime, Brill decided to end the parallel running period. This means that the old platform, brillonline.nl, is no longer in use, and Brill’s reference works and bibliographies are available only on the new platforms.
All products previously on brillonline.nl have all been moved to the new platforms for reference works and bibliographies that are part of the BrillOnline.com platform family. This includes top titles such as the Encyclopeadia of Islam Online, New Pauly Online, the Index Islamicus and Religion Past and Present Online.
New products and product updates are and have already been taken place on the new platforms, e.g.
- Brill’s Coptic Gnostic Library Online – a new 2012 online publication is available on referenceworks.brillonline.com
- The Historical Atlas of Islam Online has been added to the the Encyclopeadia of Islam cluster and 48 new articles have been made available online for the Encyclopaedia of Islam, THREE;
- Brill’s New Jacoby has been updated, 47 historians have been added;
- International Year Book and Statesmen's Who's Who including Who's Who in Public International Law: the regular quarterly update has been done;
- Supplementum Epigraphicum Graecum (SEG):based on customer feedback search capabilities were significantly improved (e.g. by introducing a new contents tab).
For more information on this media alert, contact Albert Schoenmaker (Schoenmaker [at] brill [dot] nl), Senior Editor Online Resources.
About BRILL (brill.nl)
Founded in 1683 in Leiden, the Netherlands, BRILL is a leading international academic publisher in the fields of Ancient Near East and Egypt, Middle East and Islamic Studies, Asian Studies, Classical Studies, Medieval and Early Modern Studies, contemporary History and History of War studies, Biblical and Religious Studies, Slavic Studies, Language & Linguistics, Biology, Human Rights and Public International Law. With offices in Leiden and Boston, BRILL today publishes more than 175 journals and around 600 new books and reference works each year. All publications are available in both print and electronic form. BRILL also markets a large number of research collections and databases with primary source material. The company’s key customers are academic and research institutions, libraries, and scholars. BRILL is a publicly traded company and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV. For further information please visit www.brill.nl.