Luca Baschera, lic. phil. (2002), is a member of staff of the Institut für Schweizerische Reformationsgeschichte at Zurich University. He works primarily on the relationship between Renaissance philosophy and Protestant theology.
Christian Moser, lic. phil. (2003), is an editor of Heinrich Bullinger’s correspondence and a member of staff of the Institut für Schweizerische Reformationsgeschichte at Zurich University. His research is focused on the history of historiography and on early modern exegesis.
The work is aimed at readers with an interest in Reformed theology, post-Reformation dogmatics and polemic, as well as church history and intellectual history more generally.
“[The editors] have presented the Confession of a great sixteenth century theologian, in a way that demands our respect. A rare work of Zanchi is available now for further research of his theology, and thus of Reformed orthodoxy at the time, on its way to its early seventeenth-century shape.”
W. van ’t Spijker, Theological University Apeldoorn. In: Church History and Religious Culture, Vol. 92, Nos. 2-3 (2012), pp. 377-379.
Table of contents
PART ONE. INTRODUCTION
1. Girolamo Zanchi: The itinerary of an Italian Reformer
2. The genesis of De religione christiana fides
3. Structure and content
4. Descriptions of editions
5. Editorial principles
PART TWO. GIROLAMO ZANCHI: DE RELIGIONE CHRISTIANA FIDES – CONFESSION OF CHRISTIAN RELIGION
- Epistola ad Ulyssem Martinengum – Letter to Ulysses Martinengus
- Ad lectorem
- De religione christiana fides: main text – Confession of Christian religion: main text
- Observationes – Observations
- Appendix ad caput XI. – Upon the eleventh chapter of Christ the redeemer
- Theses – Points
2. Encyclopedias, Bibliographies, Series, Collected Works
1. Table of Contents
2. Index of biblical references
3. Index of authors and works
4. Index of names and places