Encyclopedia of Jews in the Islamic World (5 vols.)
The Encyclopedia of Jews in the Islamic World covers an area of Jewish history, religion, and culture which until now has lacked its own cohesive, discrete reference work. The Encyclopedia fills the gap in academic reference literature on the Jews of Muslim lands particularly in the late medieval, early modern and modern periods.
• The only reference work of its kind: up-to-date research and bibliographies make it indispensible for
all levels of users.
• Over 350 internationally-renowned scholars from North America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
• Over 250 color and black and white illustrations, graphs, and maps.
• Over 2200 entries and 1.5 million words.
• 4 volumes and one index and resources volume.
Online version as of 2010 - contact
firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing options. The online version is to be supplemented with thousands of photos, audio files and primary sources in 2011 and 2012.
If you require further information, please send an e-mail to
To download a preview, please click here.