Li Lin has been director of the CASS Institute of Law since 2005. His key works include Toward Constitutional Government Legislation, Building a Law-Governed Nation and a Legal System, Human Rights and Constitutional Government, and Reform of the Political Structure and Construction of a Legal System.
International Advisory Board:
Sarah Biddulph is Associate Director (China) of the Asian Law Centre at the University of Melbourne. Her work focuses on contemporary Chinese administrative law, criminal procedure, labor and comparative law. Her recent book examines the impact of legal reform on police administrative detention powers.
Albert Hung Yee Chen is Chan Professor in Constitutional Law at the University of Hong Kong. He was formerly Dean of the Law Faculty there. His research interests include Hong Kong, Chinese and Asian law, and legal and political philosophy.
Pitman Potter is a Professor of Law at UBC Law Faculty and Director of UBC’s Institute of Asian Research. Dr. Potter’s teaching and research are focused on PRC and Taiwan law and policy in the areas of foreign trade and investment, dispute resolution, intellectual property, contracts, business regulation, and human rights. Dr. Potter serves on the Editorial Boards of The China Quarterly, The Hong Kong Law Journal, China: An International Journal, and Pacific Affairs (chair).
Table of contents
1. The Comprehensive Development of Rule of Law in China: On the 30th Anniversary of Reform and Opening
Rule of Law Blue Book Task Force, Institute of Law, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
2. Chinese Rule of Law in 2008: On Scientific Progress
Task Force of the Institute of Law, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
3. Legislative Development in China in 2008
4. New Developments in Human Rights Protection in China
5. Administrative Rule of Law in 2008
Yuan Shuhong and Han Chunhui
6. Formulation and Implementation of the Regulations on the Disclosure of Government Information
7. Development of Legislation for Earthquake Disaster Prevention and Relief in 2008
8. Rule of Law in Food Safety
9. Criminal Rule of Law in China in 2008
Liu Renwen and Zhou Zhenjie
10. Procuratorate System Reform
11. Reform and Development of the Penal System
Dong Kaijun and Ding Tianqiu
12. The 2008 Tax Law
13. Present Status of the Credit Card Industry
LABOR AND SOCIAL LAW
14. Medical System Reform
15. Public Interest Law in 2008
16. Legal Education
SURVEY OF NATIONAL CONDITIONS
17. Investigatory Report on the Chinese Government’s Response to the 2008 Snow Emergency in Guizhou Province
China Rule of Law Survey Group, Institute of Law, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences
18. Investigation and Research on the Protection of Personal Information
Chinese Personal Information Protection Task Group