Search: 2011, history
Results 1 - 10 of 137
Outright Purchase Price€13,510.00 $18,100.00
Brill's European History and Culture E-Books Online, Collection 2011 is the electronic version of the book publication program of Brill in the field of European History and Culture in 2011.
Leen Spruit, Sapienza University, Rome and Pina Totaro, Italian Research Council (ILIESI-CNR), Rome
Brill authors Leen Spruit and Pina Totaro discovered the original manuscript of Spinoza's "Ethica" in the Vatican library. This spectacular discovery attracted a lot of media attention. This edition will be published in Brill's Texts and Sources on Intellectual History (BSIH) in August. The ...
Edited by Martin Mulsow, University of Erfurt and the Gotha Research Center for Early Modern Studies
Drawing on new manuscript sources, this volume offers seven contributions on Hermann Samuel Reimarus, the most significant biblical critic in eighteenth-century Germany, as well as an eminent Enlightenment philosopher, a renowned classicist, and expert on Judaism.
István P. Bejczy
Exploring the history of the cardinal virtues from patristic times to the late fourteenth century, this book offers a comprehensive view of the development of moral debate in the Latin Middle Ages.
Edited by Dirk van Miert, Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands
Hadrianus Junius was Holland’s most important scholar of the third quarter of the sixteenth century. This book analyses Junius’ most important works, some of which have never been studied before. It contextualise them in light of the tradition of humanism.
Edited by Jan Bloemendal, Arjan van Dixhoorn and Elsa Strietman
This volume sets out to analyse the role and function of literary culture in the formation of early modern public opinion, and proposes ways in which a modern scholar might approach early modern works of literature and other evidence of literary culture to explore early modern public opinion making.
edited by D.J.B. Trim
This book explores how collective memory of Huguenot history vitally affected political and religious controversies and the formation of identity, both among ethnic Huguenots and in their host communities, in Britain, the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and North America.
Helge S. Kvanvig
The book offers a comprehensive analytic comparison between the images of primeval history in Babylonia, in the Hebrew Bible and the parallel Enochic traditions. It presents new interpretations of each of these traditions and how they relate to each other.
Edited by Jack Pastor, Pnina Stern and Menahem Mor
Josephus, the Jewish historian who wrote about history, bible, and serves as a source for a wide-range of related disciplines is the subject of twenty four articles which grew out of an international colloquium.
Edited by Christian-B. Amphoux & J. Keith Elliott with Bernard Outtier
Fifteen essays discuss aspects of the textual history of the Greek, Coptic, Georgian and Armenian Psalter and Gospels. La comparaison des versions anciennes de la Bible, ici des Psaumes et des évangiles, met en évidence la richesse et la variété de la tradition manuscrite. Voici un éventail de ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- African Studies - General (1)
- American Studies - Latin America (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Egyptology (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (3)
- Art and Architecture - Art History (2)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (1)
- Asian Studies - China (8)
- Asian Studies - General (2)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (6)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (3)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (2)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (4)
- Biology - Nematology (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- Classical Studies - General (1)
- History - Early Modern History (12)
- History - General (4)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (7)
- History - History of Warfare (1)
- History - Intellectual History (7)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (2)
- History - Medieval History (22)
- History - Modern History (4)
- International Law - Legal History (4)
- International Law - Public International Law (3)
- Jewish Studies - General (5)
- Language and Linguistics - Afroasiatic Language & Linguistics (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Ottoman & Turkish Studies (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (8)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - History (2)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (1)
- Social Sciences - Economics & Political Science (1)
- Social Sciences - General (3)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (1)
- Social Sciences - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
- History (59)
- Asian Studies (17)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (10)
- Biblical Studies (9)
- Religious Studies (8)
- International Law (7)
- Social Sciences (7)
- Jewish Studies (5)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt (4)
- Art and Architecture (2)
- Classical Studies (2)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies (2)
- African Studies (1)
- American Studies (1)
- Biology (1)
- Language and Linguistics (1)