Search: 2007, history
Results 1 - 10 of 139
Outright Purchase Price€11,510.00 $15,420.00
Brill's European History and Culture E-Books Online, Collection 2007 is the electronic version of the book publication program of Brill in the field of European History and Culture in 2007.
Edited by Irene J.F. de Jong and René Nünlist
This is the second volume of a new narratological history of Ancient Greek lietrature, which deals with aspects of time: the order in which events are narrated, the amount of time devoted to the naration, and the number of times they are presented.
Edited by J. den Boeft, J.W. Drijvers, D. den Hengst and H.C. Teitler
The papers in this volume treat historical, historiographical and literary aspects of the last six books of Ammianus Marcellinus’ Res Gestae, which deal with the period between the death of Julian (363) and the Roman defeat at Hadrianople (378).
Edited by Victoria Jennings and Andrea Katsaros
Sixteen international contributors offer the first comprehensive examination of the life, works and reception of Ion of Chios, the prolific and innovative fifth century BC writer (variously prose and poetry) on classical Greek mythology, history and society.
The commentary is concerned with 15 verse inscriptions, the composition of which was probably commissioned from Simonides. The commentaries on the individual inscriptions, taking their historical, literary, and architectural contexts into consideration, follow the discussion of the archaic and ...
Indigenous Indonesian Catholics increased in number from 27,000 to nearly 550,000 between 1902 and 1942. At first scattered only through Minahasa, the Kai islands and Flores, after four decades Catholic centres were established in most of the archipelago, and there was even a small but ...
Edited by István P. Bejczy
This collection surveys the tradition of medieval commentaries on Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics from its thirteenth-century origins to the fifteenth century, concentrating on the conception of the moral and intellectual virtues in a continuous interplay of ancient and Christian moral thought.
Edited by Margret Schuchard
This fresh portrait of Varenius presents a young German scholar, whose books on Japan (1649), the first one from a European perspective, and on General Geography (1650) were written and published in Amsterdam and led to establishing geography as a science.
Donna C. Heddle
This critical edition of a Scots translation of Ariosto's Orlando Furioso will provide an essential primary key text and a useful academic tool for tracing the development of Scottish poetry and of the influences, European and otherwise, on it.
The notion of being freeborn republicans bound the eighteenth-century Dutch together. Yet beneath this general label, many fundamental differences existed. This book explores the varieties of eighteenth-century Dutch republicanism. It thereby significantly contributes to our understanding of a ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- African Studies - General (3)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - General (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (6)
- Asian Studies - China (7)
- Asian Studies - History (1)
- Asian Studies - Japan (4)
- Asian Studies - Japanese Art (1)
- Asian Studies - Social Sciences (1)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (3)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (2)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (2)
- Biblical Studies - Dead Sea Scrolls (2)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (3)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (2)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (2)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (2)
- Classical Studies - General (1)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (5)
- History - Early Modern History (16)
- History - General (8)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (4)
- History - Intellectual History (6)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (6)
- History - Medieval History (16)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (1)
- Jewish Studies - General (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (5)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (3)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (5)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (1)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (4)