Publication year: 1996
Results 41 - 50 of 309
Through detailed exegesis of such notions as the sons of Israel, the resident alien, the call to holiness, the camp in the desert and the land as property of YHWH, a coherent conceptual structure underlying the presentation of the law in Leviticus 17-26 is uncovered.
John C. Hirsh
This volume deals with the ways in which religious Faith interacted with literary and other texts, and with the methods by which religious attitueds were communicated and adapted in the late medieval period and after.
Hugh Rowland Page, Jr.
The volume examines reflexes of a West Semitic myth describing an attempted coup against the high god of the pantheon. Some scholars consider it to be the ancient precursor of the Satan myth found in Jewish, Christian, and Islamic traditions.
Peter J. Harland
This book offers a fascinating, original approach to the story of the flood in Genesis by providing an exegesis of the text which examines the way the account deals with the ethical question of the value of human life.
Thomas M. McCoog S.J.
Through a thorough investigation of Jesuit involvement in Ireland, Scotland, and England from 1541 to 1588, this study illuminates how the Society of Jesus grew from small beginnings to the Counter-Reformation order par excellence.
This volume contains twenty studies of Erasmus. They shed light on his mental development, his attitude towards Renaissance Humanism and Reformation, and his most important publications. His relationship to Luther especially, but also to Ulrich von Hutten, Huldrych Zwingli and Menno Simons are ...
Michael F. Graham
This work examines the social impact of Reformed protestantism through a study of the workings of the network of disciplinary courts created in Scotland during the second half of the sixteenth century.
Willem van 't Spijker, translated by John Vriend and Lyle D. Bierma
Edited by Edward A. Synan
These Oxford "Questions" on Aristotle's De Anima deal philosophically with issues usually studied by theologians. Adam Burley, Master in Arts, would become a distinguished parish priest: the Bachelor, Walter Burley, later would oppose the "new way" as an eminent theologian.
Sonia Nishat Amin
This study provides information about the cultural and historical context of modernization of Muslim women belonging to the middle class in late 19th- and early 20th-century Bengal, and traces the emergence of the Muslim gentlewomen or bhadramahilā.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Authors, Texts, Literature (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (3)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Religion (2)
- Art and Architecture - Art History (1)
- Asian Studies - China (3)
- Asian Studies - General (3)
- Asian Studies - History (2)
- Asian Studies - Japan (2)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (7)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (4)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (6)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (8)
- Biblical Studies - General (6)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (5)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (14)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (14)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (9)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (6)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (5)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Science & Medicine (3)
- Classical Studies - General (6)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (11)
- History - Early Modern History (9)
- History - General (6)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Intellectual History (7)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (4)
- History - Medieval History (12)
- History - Modern History (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Children's Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Health Law (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (16)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Humanitarian Law (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (5)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Minority & Group Rights (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Refugee Law (1)
- International Law - Air & Space Law (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (13)
- International Law - International Trade Law (2)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (6)
- International Law - Private International Law (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (33)
- International Relations - International Relations (7)
- Jewish Studies - General (5)
- Language and Linguistics - Dictionaries & Reference Works (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Discourse Analysis & Sociolinguistics (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (10)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (4)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (10)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (9)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (2)
- Social Sciences - Applied Social Sciences (1)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (1)
- Theology and Missiology - General (1)
- International Law (56)
- Biblical Studies (53)
- History (40)
- Classical Studies (31)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (30)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (29)
- Asian Studies (21)
- Religious Studies (11)
- Biology (9)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt (7)
- International Relations (7)
- Jewish Studies (5)
- Language and Linguistics (2)
- Social Sciences (2)
- Art and Architecture (1)
- Theology and Missiology (1)