Search: 1991, Paperback
Results 1 - 10 of 20
Edited by H.A. Poeze & P. Schoorl
Edited by H. Geertz
Balinese texts, temples, theatre performances and rituals, in seven essays, are placed into specific political contexts in an effort to gain a deeper understanding of the changing relations between state and society on the complex island of Bali.
Edited by R. Sellheim
Edited by K. Zweigert and Ulrich Drobnig
Edited by Susan D. Rothstein
Explores licensing theory and its implications for a theory of syntax. This book brings a series of papers which focus on developing a constrained set of licensing mechanisms relating elements in a syntactic representation, and on the different properties of lexical and functional heads as ...
Edited by S.N. Eisenstadt
Presents a colloquium of scholars on the present state of democracy in many parts of the globe, in both developed and developing countries. Where does it stand firm, and where is it on shifting ground? What are the conditions necessary for the consolidation of democracy — and more.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Authors, Texts, Literature (1)
- Asian Studies - General (2)
- Asian Studies - History (1)
- Asian Studies - Japan (1)
- Asian Studies - Social Sciences (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (1)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (2)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- Classical Studies - General (1)
- History - Intellectual History (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (2)
- International Law - Comparative Law (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Discourse Analysis & Sociolinguistics (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Languages of Asia & Central Asia (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Social Sciences - Sociology & Anthropology (1)