Search: 1987, Paperback
Results 1 - 10 of 25
J.P.B. de Josselin de Jong
The results of fieldwork in Wetan, conducted by J.P.B. de Josselin de Jong, founder of the 'Leiden School' of cultural anthropology, are published here. These materials consist of texts of tales collected by De Josselin de Jong in Wetan, in the Babar Archipelago, and include his annotations of ...
M. Baier et al.
The Ngaju-Dayak tribes of southern Borneo still adhere to their traditional religion, even though Christian missionary work began there in 1835. Their traditional religion, agama kaharingan, is presently the only autochthonous religion in South East Asia that is officially recognized by the ...
L.E. Visser & C.L. Voorhoeve
P.W. van der Horst
J.M. van Ophuijsen
John of Salisbury. Edited by J. van Laarhoven
Ingrid Koulen and Gert Oostindie withPeter Verton and Rosemarijn Hoefte
The former Dutch Caribbean islands of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba are going through a complex and, in many ways, difficult phase of their development. This book aims to survey and stimulate relevant social science research on the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Asian Studies - General (3)
- Asian Studies - Literature (2)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Science & Medicine (1)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (2)
- History - Early Modern History (1)
- History - General (1)
- History - Intellectual History (1)
- History - Modern History (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Humanitarian Law (2)
- International Law - International Organizations (1)
- Jewish Studies - General (2)
- Language and Linguistics - Dictionaries & Reference Works (2)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (3)