Search: German, 1998
Results 1 - 10 of 25
This edition of a newly discovered Byzantine treatise of Pindaric metre discusses on the basis of the new discovery the methods and achievements of Byzantine Pindaric philology in general.
Gerbern S. Oegema
This study examines Colossians as a pseudepigraphic letter and his literary, oral, and tradition historical interdependencies to Paul. Colossians is designed so as to assure readers of the apostle's ongoing aid and to interpret the theological significance of his death.
Edited by Ilana Zinguer and Heinz Schott
This volume provides important aspects of the history of paracelsism in Europe which were not yet studied and recognized.
Edited by Florentino García Martínez and Ed Noort
Bernhard Alfred R. Felmberg
The presentation of the indulgence argument between Luther and Cajetan before, during and after the Augsburg Imperial Diet of 1518 centers on the most momentous conflict in the early Reformation time. The possibilities of what is still a common basis are shown as well as the insurmountable walls ...
A detailed philosophical reconstruction of the theory of truth presented by Anselm von Canterbury in the context of his whole thinking and with a special consideration of his antique sources in Aristotle, Cicero, Augustine and Boethius.
Herausgegeben von Frank Hentschel
In this volume specialists of medieval music and philosophy put the medieval 'musica' into the context of ideas and institutions in which it existed. The significance of 'musica' cannot be understood from a modern point of view since 'music' does not match the medieval 'musica'.
This book offers an interpretation of the unum argumentum. Interpreted as a search for the limit of thought, the argument cannot be understood as an "ontological proof". Afterwards, the author shows which Anselm has been misperceived by subsequent interpreters.
This study on one of the most often encountered motifs of early Christian art explores the complex theological as well as philosophical backgrounds of symbolism in late fourth-century sarcophagus sculpture in Provence and Northern Italy.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Philosophy, Science & Medicine (1)
- Asian Studies - Japan (1)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (2)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (3)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Science & Medicine (1)
- Classical Studies - General (4)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (1)
- History - Early Modern History (1)
- History - General (2)
- History - Intellectual History (3)
- History - Medieval History (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Humanities (25)
- BRILL (25)