Search: German, 1999
Results 1 - 10 of 42
The most comprehensive study of Seneca's Hercules Furens; it provides a new text with translation, a detailed commentary on the dramaturgy and language of the play and elucidates the figure of Roman Hercules in relation to its Euripidean model.
This study examines the answers of Suárez and Descartes to basic questions regarding the philosophical knowledge of God. It is placed against the background of the reactions to both by Dutch Reformed theologians and philosophers in the seventeenth Century.
Edited by Lodi Nauta and Arjo Vanderjagt
Edited by F. Akkerman, A.J. Vanderjagt and A.H. van der Laan
Bearbeitet von Manuel Santos Noya
Three pagan narratives underlie the Book of Esther. These basic narratives were merged into one story, which expressed the problems of Jewish life in the diaspora. In an attempt to adjust Palestinian Judaism to the Jewish diaspora, the theme of Purim was introduced into the narrative.
Hartmut N. Rösel
This volume deals with a central subject of Old Testament scholarship, the socalled deuteronomistic history. It is argued that a "deuteronomistic history" did not exist, since no uniform concept or "Leitmotiv" can be found in the historical books of the Old Testament.
Jörg Alejandro Tellkamp
This study intends to vindicate Thomas Aquinas' theory of perception as a key element which is systematically constituent for his theory of knowledge generally. The causal conditions for perception, the physical framework and the resulting perceptual knowledge are analysed.
The first detailed monography on how Thomas Aquinas used the contemporary philosophy of language in his works. Precise interpretations, many tables and schematical drawings give the reader a useful orientation in the field of the new research on Aquinas.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Codicology, Papyrology & Philology (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Linguistics (1)
- Art and Architecture - Art History (2)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (6)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (2)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (3)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (2)
- Classical Studies - General (2)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (1)
- History - Early Modern History (1)
- History - General (4)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Intellectual History (5)
- History - Medieval History (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (5)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Periodicals & Serials (1)
- Humanities (41)