Results 31 - 40 of 82
A.S. Rodrigues Pereira
A large section from a hitherto unknown Hebrew grammatical text, written in the tenth century by the Karaite scholar ’Abū Ya‘qūb Yūsuf ibn Nūḥ of Jerusalem, is analysed in detail. The volume includes an annotated English translation.
A retrospective lexico-semantic study of symbiotic mainstream Jerusalem Arabic, spoken by mixed and contiguous communities, shattered by existential, religious, political, and cultural clashes leading to aloofness and armed conflict resulting in Arabic-Hebrew split.
Edited by Montserrat Castelló and Christiane Donahue
Examines trends in the different theoretical perspectives (cognitive, social and cultural) and derived practices in the activity of writing in higher education. This volume samples writing research traditions and perspectives both in Europe and the United States.
Narrative Art and Poetry in the Books of Samuel is the vast undertaking to interpret all the material in Samuel. Everything that the text has to offer can only be understood and appreciated to the full, and its interpretation can only lay claim to full validity by means of an integral view. ...
Edited by Luciano L'Abate and Laura Sweeney
Brings together research on different types of writing and distance writing that have been, or need to be, used by mental health professionals. This title also critically evaluates the therapeutic effectiveness of these writing practices, such as automatic writing, programmed writing poetry ...
This linguistic description of Classical Syriac on the basis of a study of the early versions of the Gospel of Matthew makes a contribution to the understanding of Syriac and Semitic syntax as well as to questions of New Testament textual criticism.
Igor de Rachewiltz and Volker Rybatzki. With the collaboration of Hung Chin-fu
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Linguistics (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (2)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (5)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (9)
- History - General (1)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (4)
- Jewish Studies - General (2)
- Language and Linguistics - Afroasiatic Language & Linguistics (7)
- Language and Linguistics - Dictionaries & Reference Works (7)
- Language and Linguistics - Indo-European Language & Linguistics (6)
- Language and Linguistics - Language Documentation & Language Endangerment (2)
- Language and Linguistics - Languages of Asia & Central Asia (2)
- Language and Linguistics - Other Languages (2)
- Language and Linguistics - Theoretical Linguistics (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (29)
- Humanities (82)
- BRILL (82)