Results 31 - 40 of 191
Compiled by C.H. Bleaney, G.J. Roper, with an introduction by Peter Sluglett
Well-considered answers to the many questions raised by the situation in Iraq, past and present, are rare. This first comprehensive bibliography on Iraq is based on the Index Islamicus, the leading bibliography on the Muslim world, and will help its readers to find their way through the ...
This handbook provides basic information for Hattian studies. It offers an extensive compilation of Hattian words based on Hittite written sources. Apart from this word list it offers information on the Hattian text corpus, Hattian phonetics, grammar and semantics.
Edited by Meira Polliack
This Guide to Karaite Studies contains thirty-seven chapters which cover all the main areas of the fascinating and varied history and literature of medieval and modern Karaite Judaism. The volume reflects this rapidly growing field of Jewish Studies, as analysed by an international team of ...
Edited by Raymond Westbrook
A comprehensive survey of the Law of the Ancient Near East by a team of specialist scholars, this volume allows non-specialists access to the world's earliest known legal systems.
Dietz Otto Edzard
The Sumerian Grammar by Professor D.O. Edzard will become a classic. An up-to-date, reliable guide to the language of the Sumerians, the inventors of cuneiform writing in the late 4th millennium B.C.
Cypriot Arabic, is an unwritten language and mother tongue of several hundred bilingual (Arabic/Greek) Maronites from Kormakiti (N.W. Cyprus). In this book many Cypriot Arabic terms are cited with illustrative examples and ethnographic commentary where relevant. It is primarily intended for ...
Hellmut Ritter. Translated by John O'Kane with Editorial Assistance of Bernd Radtke
The Ocean of the Soul is one of the great works of the German Orientalist Hellmut Ritter (1892-1971). It presents a comprehensive analysis of the writings of the mystical Persian poet Farīd al-Dīn ‘Aṭṭār. The book was first published in 1955.
Edited by H. Craig Melchert
A state-of-the-art appraisal of the history, language, religion, and material culture of the Luwians, a people as important in Anatolia and Syria in the second and first millennia BCE as the better-known Hittites.
Gregorio del Olmo Lete and Joaquín Sanmartín. Translated by Wilfred G.E. Watson
Yochanan Muffs, with a Prolegomenon by Baruch A. Levine
The reissue of Yochanan Muffs’ classic study of the legal formulary of the Elephantine papyri of 5th century B.C.E. Egypt comes in response to renewed interest in the Aramaic legal tradition stimulated by new discoveries from later periods. Its cross-cultural approach affords scholars an insight ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Egyptology (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - General (12)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (13)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Law (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Linguistics (6)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Philosophy, Science & Medicine (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Religion (4)
- Asian Studies - General (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (1)
- Biblical Studies - General (8)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (2)
- Classical Studies - Epigraphy & Papyrology (1)
- Classical Studies - General (32)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (1)
- Jewish Studies - General (14)
- Language and Linguistics - Dictionaries & Reference Works (8)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (51)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (6)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (17)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
- Religious Studies - Comparative Religion & Religious Studies (2)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)
- Humanities (189)