Results 11 - 20 of 191
A survey of Arabic and allied loanwords in Western languages is a first-rate tool to asses the impact of Islamic factors in the emergence and background of Western civilization. The Romance languages of the Iberian Peninsula are in an ideal position for this kind of research, considering the ...
This work, in three volumes, presents a detailed description the neo-Aramaic dialect of the Assyrian Christian community of the Barwar region in northern Iraq, which is now endangered. Volume one contains a description of the grammar of the dialect. Volume two contains an extensive glossary. ...
The present work supplements the original volume of The Arabic Manuscript Tradition (AMT), both its glossary of technical terms and bibliography. It includes new entries of technical terms, additional definitions of, and/or citations for, the entries already found in AMT, and recent ...
Aicha Rahmouni. Translated by J.N. Ford
This study of the divine epithets in the Ugaritic alphabetic cuneiform texts from Ras Shamra and Ras Ibn Hani provides a new and comprehensive analysis of the epithets of the individual Ugaritic deities.
Dionisius A. Agius
Drawing upon Arabic literary sources, iconographic evidence and archaeological finds, this book examines trade, port towns, ship construction, seamanship, ship typology and their historical development in the Western Indian Ocean, focussing on the Medieval Islamic period but including earlier ...
Edited by Anna Contadini
Arab painting is treated here as a significant artistic corpus in its own right. Rejecting the traditional emphasis on individual paintings, the distinguished contributors to this volume stress the integration of text and image as a more productive theoretical framework.
This publication supplements the author´s BIBLIOGRAPHY OF ISLAMIC PHILOSOPHY and discloses in an extensive index the contents of more than 3000 books and articles, which were published since 1999. It underlines again the importance of Islamic philosophy for the history of philosophy and for ...
An examination of the historical environment of Muscat, the capital of Oman, and the damage sustained by the city’s historical legacy since 1970. It includes a historical gazetteer of Muscat and its environs and numerous maps and photographs.
Edited by Alan J. Avery-Peck and Jacob Neusner
This second volume of a two-part project displays the best of contemporary Israeli, North American, and European scholarship on the Mishnah, revealing the intellectual vitality of scholarship in all three centers of learning. Because of the many viewpoints included here, it is the most ...
Ignacio J. Adiego with an Appendix by Koray Konuk
This handbook presents a complete and updated view of our current knowledge about Carian, one of the Indo-European languages spoken in ancient Anatolia.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Egyptology (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - General (12)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (13)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Law (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Linguistics (6)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Philosophy, Science & Medicine (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Religion (4)
- Asian Studies - General (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (1)
- Biblical Studies - General (8)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (2)
- Classical Studies - Epigraphy & Papyrology (1)
- Classical Studies - General (32)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (1)
- Jewish Studies - General (14)
- Language and Linguistics - Dictionaries & Reference Works (8)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (51)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (6)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (17)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
- Religious Studies - Comparative Religion & Religious Studies (2)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)
- Humanities (189)