Results 1 - 10 of 132
Edited by Els Bogaerts and Remco Raben
The decolonization of countries in Asia and Africa is one of the momentous events in the twentieth century. But did the shift to independence indeed affect the lives of the people in such a dramatic way as the political events suggest? The authors in this volume look beyond the political ...
Edited by Michael Hawley (Mount Royal University, Calgary, Canada)
Sikh Diaspora: Theory, Agency, and Experience is a collection of essays offering new insights into the diverse experiences of Sikhs beyond the Punjab. The essays in this volume engage with diaspora theory, agency, space, social relations, and aesthetics.
Edited by Anh Nga Longva and Anne Sofie Roald
Focusing on the situation of both Muslim and non-Muslim religious minorities in the Middle East, this volume offers an analysis of various strategies of resilience and accommodation from a historical as well a contemporary perspective.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- African Studies - General (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Asian Studies - China (1)
- Asian Studies - General (16)
- Asian Studies - Religion (1)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (6)
- History - Economic History (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (21)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (8)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (40)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (2)
- Social Sciences - African Studies (2)
- Social Sciences - Asian Studies (22)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (3)
- Social Sciences - General (2)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (1)
- Humanities (132)