Search: BRILL, Language Ref. Works
Results 1 - 10 of 113
Edited by Egbert J. Bakker
This study offers new venues for the interpretation of classical texts. Rethinking many of the issues in Greek and Latin grammar, it aims at realizing the potential of modern discourse analysis for classical philology.
Edited by Piotr Michalowski and Niek Veldhuis
This volume contains eleven articles, demonstrating the broad variety of scholarly approaches to the study of Sumerian literature. It is dedicated to H.L.J. Vanstiphout at the occasion of his retirement from the University of Groningen, July 14th 2006.
Terry C. Falla
von Heinz Fähnrich
Die Georgische Sprache is a systematic description of the structure of the Georgian language. With an in-depth contextualising introduction, as well as a description of the changes from Old to New Georgian.
Edited by Shlomo Izre'el and Shlomo Raz
John R. Bentley
This publication provides important new information detailing the orthography, phonology, morphology, and lexicon of a previously poorly studied and understood stage of the Japanese language, Early Old Japanese prose.
Rami van der Molen
The present volume is the long-awaited lexicon of Egyptian coffin texts to A. de Buck's 1961 seven-volume Egyptian Coffin Texts, of vital importance for our understanding of classical Egyptian magic, grammar and literature.
Terry C. Falla
Designed for the study of the Peshitta Gospel text as both a translation and literary work, the Key provides a complete analytical concordance, English translation of each word cited, Syriac words of similar meaning, the corresponding Greek term for each Syriac term, English index, Syriac index, ...
Guus Kroonen, Leiden University
With its nearly 7,000 lexemes, the Etymological Dictionary of Proto-Germanic Lexicon represents a comprehensive vocabulary of the Germanic proto-language. It offers numerous new interpretations and is an essential instrument for the study of Germanic historical linguistics and etymology.
Edited by Ronald M. Davidson and Christian K. Wedemeyer
The papers provide access for the first time to Tibetan documents and practices from the period of the tenth to fifteenth century.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Authors, Texts, Literature (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - General (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (5)
- Asian Studies - General (1)
- Asian Studies - Japan (1)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (2)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (23)
- Biblical Studies - General (37)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (4)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (3)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Science & Medicine (1)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (2)
- History - General (16)
- History - Intellectual History (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Dictionaries & Reference Works (7)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Humanities (108)