Results 1 - 10 of 83
Outright Purchase Price€2,980.00 $3,990.00
Brill's Language and Linguistics E-Books Online , Collection 2013 is the electronic version of the book publication program of Brill in the field of Language and Linguistics in 2013.
Outright Purchase Price€1,640.00 $2,300.00
Brill's Language and Linguistics E-Books Online , Collection 2012 is the electronic version of the book publication program of Brill in the field of Language and Linguistics in 2012.
Outright Purchase Price€2,440.00 $3,270.00
Brill's Language and Linguistics E-Books Online , Collection 2011 is the electronic version of the book publication program of Brill in the field of Language and Linguistics in 2011.
The Verb in Archaic Biblical Poetry by Tania Notarius suggests a discursive, formal, and historical-linguistic analysis of the tense system in the corpus of “archaic” biblical poetry.
Edited by Giuliano Lancioni, Roma Tre University, and Lidia Bettini, University of Florence
This book is the first volume devoted to the issues raised by the definition of ‘word’ in Arabic. Papers include studies on the history of Arabic grammatical and rhetorical traditions, current theoretical and applied linguistics, and language contact.
Jared Greenblatt, Tel Aviv University
This work is a linguistic description of an obsolescent dialect of Neo-Aramaic. The dialect was originally spoken by Jews residing in the village of Amǝdya (a.k.a Amadiya) in modern-day northern Iraq. Included are edited transcriptions and translations of a selection of texts recorded in the ...
Aaron D. Rubin
This volume contains a detailed grammatical description of Mehri, an unwritten Semitic language spoken in Oman and Yemen. It is the first grammar of its kind, and the first of any Modern South Arabian language in a century.
This book contributes to the critical discussion concerning the status of the Kitāb within the wider linguistic debate. It offers an overarching linguistic pattern that interacts with modern linguistics, and highlights the Kitāb’s true historical and linguistic potentials.
This book constitutes the first thorough, corpus-based analysis of the verb in Late Maskilic (Jewish Enlightenment) Hebrew prose fiction. It assesses Maskilic Hebrew verbal morphology and syntax both synchronically and within the context of the diachronic Hebrew verbal system.
Steven E. Fassberg
This work is a unique documentation of the now extinct Jewish Neo-Aramaic dialect of Challa (modern-day Çukurca, Turkey). It is based on recordings of the last native speaker of the dialect, who passed away in 2007. In addition to a grammatical description, it contains sample texts and a ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Linguistics (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (2)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (5)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (9)
- History - General (1)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (4)
- Jewish Studies - General (2)
- Language and Linguistics - Afroasiatic Language & Linguistics (7)
- Language and Linguistics - Dictionaries & Reference Works (7)
- Language and Linguistics - Indo-European Language & Linguistics (7)
- Language and Linguistics - Language Documentation & Language Endangerment (2)
- Language and Linguistics - Languages of Asia & Central Asia (2)
- Language and Linguistics - Other Languages (2)
- Language and Linguistics - Theoretical Linguistics (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (29)
- Humanities (83)