Search: Handbook, history, of
Results 11 - 20 of 37
Edited by Roy Hammerling
Ancient prayers exist in a rich variety of often unexamined forms, and so they require a comprehensive study. This volume includes diverse scholars, who reveal the wondrous breadth of prayerful religious traditions from the first to the fifteenth centuries.
Edited by Wilhelm Röhl
A careful analysis of Japan’s dealings with its legal system through a time of unprecedented change (1868- 1960). A must for scholars of Japanese studies, historians and jurists alike.
This comprehensive history of Franciscan education shows the dynamic development of the Franciscan school network between the early thirteenth and the late fifteenth century. The book pays special attention to library formation, intellectual currents, and the role of homiletics.
Kais M. Firro
This book deals with the history of the Druze community using an interdisciplinary approach to describe, analyze, and explain historical events and processes.
Edited by Erika Rummel
This handbook offers a new reading of the humanist-scholastic debate over biblical humanism, lending a voice to scholastic critics who have been unfairly neglected in the historical narrative. The investigations cover controversies beginning in quattrocento Italy and spreading north of the Alps ...
Mary Boyce and Frantz Grenet
Pieter Cornelis Verhagen
This systematic survey presents Tibetan non-canonical literature dealing with Sanskrit grammar, including translations of Indic works and original Tibetan works. In the second chapter of the book, the influence of Indic models of linguistic description on Tibetan indigenous grammar is discussed.
Pieter Cornelis Verhagen
The first comprehensive survey of the important corpus of Indic literature on Sanskrit grammar extant in Tibetan translation in the Buddhist canon. A systematic study of the history of the Tibetans' expertise in this central scholastic discipline in Buddhism.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - General (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Linguistics (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Religion (3)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (2)
- Asian Studies - General (1)
- Asian Studies - Japan (6)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (7)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (2)
- History - Early Modern History (1)
- History - General (2)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Medieval History (5)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (2)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (1)
- Humanities (37)
- BRILL (31)