Publication Type: Book
Results 61 - 70 of 95
Michael M. Homan
Examines in detail the function, form, and symbolism of ancient tents, specifically in the Hebrew Bible, but also in the greater context of the Ancient Near East. Domestic, martial, nuptial, and religious tents (especially the Tabernacle) are explored.
E. Reiner and D.E. Pingree
Edited by Lowell K. Handy
Steven W. Holloway
Through sustained analysis of texts and visual sources, this volume traces the checkered career of Neo-Assyrian religious interaction with subject polities of Western Asia through both punitive measures and calculated diplomatic patronage.
Carl S. Ehrlich
This history of the Philistines ca. 1000 - 730 B.C.E. is the first to examine this period in detail, paying particular attention to a detailed evaluation of the unfortunately meager textual evidence available.
Edited by Raymond Westbrook and Richard Jasnow
A survey by twelve leading experts of the types of security available to creditors in the earliest recorded legal systems, and of the ways in which the law sought to satisfy the conflicting interests of creditors and debtors.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (7)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Authors, Texts, Literature (5)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Codicology, Papyrology & Philology (4)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Egyptology (5)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - General (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (37)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Law (3)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Linguistics (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Philosophy, Science & Medicine (7)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Religion (5)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (8)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (5)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (2)
- Classical Studies - General (2)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)
- Humanities (95)
- BRILL (95)