Publication Type: Book
Results 51 - 60 of 95
Edited by Lawrence H. Schiffman
This volume brings together studies which relate to the interpenetration of Semitic and Greco-Roman traditions of papyrus writing in the antique Middle East.
Marten Stol and Sven P. Vleeming
Assyriologists and Egyptologists study the strategies used in the Ancient Near East to provide oneself a carefree old day by arranging material support. Among them are gifts in contemplation of death, the adoption of adults, manumission of slaves. An important issue not dealt with before.
The main focus of this work is the story of the relation between Carthago and Greece from 580 until 480. The argument attributes considirably to the debate about the Carthaginian presence in the western Mediterranean.
This major study of Cypro-Phoenician (or Black-on-Red) pottery provides a fresh assessment of Iron Age East Mediterranean chronology, investigates the relative roles of Cyprus and Phoenicia in trade to the Aegean, and explores the ancient trade in perfumed oil.
Twenty-two old and new essays comparing the Old Babylonian Mari texts with the Hebrew scriptures and early history of Israel are conveniently assembled in this book. 1) Mary and the West (Syria, Palestine and the Mediterranean region). 2) Prophecy, dealing with Mari's prophetical texts and ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (7)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Authors, Texts, Literature (5)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Codicology, Papyrology & Philology (4)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Egyptology (5)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - General (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (37)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Law (3)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Linguistics (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Philosophy, Science & Medicine (7)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Religion (5)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (8)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (5)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (2)
- Classical Studies - General (2)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)
- Humanities (95)
- BRILL (95)