Search: Humanities, Microfiche
Results 1 - 10 of 945
Editor: Gundolf Bruchhaus
Collection of about c. 37,000 photographs documenting the early and late medieval Christian architectural arts of Georgia and its historical area of settlement. Collection divided into 8 volumes, each containing about 6,000 photographs, including plans, sectional drawings, a short account of the ...
In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries the publications of such academies held the same place as specialized scholarly and scientific journals do today. Many of the ideas and inventions of the great scholars of those days were first published in the Transactions or Memoirs of an Academy of ...
The major publication of the Bollandists, a group of scholars named after Jean Bolland and composed before the French Revolution, of Flemish Jesuits in Antwerp, and since 1837, of Belgian Jesuits residing in Brussels. It is a critical description of the lives of all the saints mentioned in the ...
Advisor: L.D. Couprie
Three photograph collections from the Alinari Photo Archive: the Alinari Collection (66,444 photos); the Anderson Collection (27,244 photos); and the Brogi Collection (25,382 photos). The Alinari collection includes photographs from all of the regions of Italy as well as from some museums abroad ...
Editor: George J. Brooke in collaboration with Helen K. Bond
With this high-quality edition, a unique collection of photographs has become available for the first time to a wide community of scholars. They originate form the estate of John Marco Allegro (1923-1988), who took hundreds of photographs on several of his visits to the Middle East in the ...
Advisor: Malcolm Walsby, University of St. Andrews
During the sixteenth century Protestant authors had grasped the importance of winning over the souls and minds of the French people from the outset and the production of Genevan presses was therefore predominantly in French. If the Catholic Church wished to preserve its position in France, it ...
Editor: Boris Belenkin
Over a thousand pieces of material evidence (leaflets, newspapers, posters, documents, photographs) documenting anti-Semitism and nationalism in the Soviet Union.
The British Library’s collection of Arabic manuscripts is justly world-famous. It is one of the largest such collections in Europe and North America, comprising almost 15,000 works. It is also renowned for the importance of many individual items, from some of the finest calligraphic and ...
Anthologies and literary miscellanies contains also collections of anecdotes, proverbs, belles-lettres in addition to anthologised collections of poetry and prose. This collection is also included in the Arabic Manuscripts in the British Library collection.
Protosciences is an umbrella term to include works of a magical, occult, amuletic and quasi-scientific nature. Other sciences is subdivided under agriculture, calligraphy, Chess, Conjuring, Cookery, Falconry, Gemmology, General Science, Mechanics, Hydraulics, Military, Music, Natural History, ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- American Studies - General (3)
- American Studies - Latin America (36)
- American Studies - North America (20)
- Art and Architecture - Art History (18)
- Art and Architecture - General (4)
- Art and Architecture - Performing Arts (51)
- Art and Architecture - Photograph Collections (13)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (18)
- Asian Studies - China (24)
- Asian Studies - East Asia (16)
- Asian Studies - General (18)
- Asian Studies - Japan (6)
- Asian Studies - Korea (4)
- Asian Studies - Pacific (8)
- Asian Studies - Religion (6)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (127)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (91)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (2)
- Biblical Studies - Dead Sea Scrolls (1)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (4)
- Biblical Studies - General (2)
- History - Book History (36)
- History - Church History (1)
- History - Early Modern History (47)
- History - General (6)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (6)
- History - Intellectual History (5)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (11)
- History - Medieval History (4)
- History - Modern History (26)
- Jewish Studies - General (5)
- Language and Linguistics - Dictionaries & Reference Works (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (15)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (55)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (9)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (6)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (60)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Area Studies (16)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Arts (12)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Early Printing (2)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Economics & Statistics (19)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - General (11)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - History (50)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Human Rights & Law (12)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Jewish History & Culture (10)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Literature & Linguistics (6)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Periodicals & Serials (6)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - Religion (9)
- Social Sciences - African Studies (21)
- Social Sciences - General (3)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (1)
- Social Sciences - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
- Available (945)
Categories: all » Humanities
- IDC (945)
- Primary Source (945)