Results 51 - 60 of 2225
This now complete dictionary of Medieval Latin takes in the period up to the end of the North European Middle Ages. Its sources are from texts written by Dutch authors or on Dutch territory which have been printed from c. 500-1500.
Edited by Peer Vries, University of Vienna, and Regina Grafe, Northwestern University, Evanston
The Library of Economic History is a peer-reviewed book series that publishes monographs and edited volumes on international aspects of economic history and case studies of an exemplary nature for the international scholarly debate.
The Library of the Written Word is an international peer-reviewed book series that publishes monographs, edited volumes, source materials and bibliographies on a variety of subjects, related to the history of the book, magazines and newspapers. The series consists of three subseries, each one ...
Edited by Andrew Pettegree, University of St Andrews
The Handpress World explores the impact of the invention of printing by moveable type from the first experiments of the incunabula age through to the end of the eighteenth century.
Edited by Michael B. Winship, The University of Texas at Austin
The Industrial World explores the ways that industrialization has shaped the production, distribution, and reception of books from the beginning of the nineteenth century to the present day.
Edited by Richard Gameson, Durham University
The Manuscript World investigates the forms, functions and impact of books in their cultural contexts, from Antiquity to the Renaissance.
Edited by Reinhold Friedrich & Berndt Hamm
Theologian Martin Bucer (1491-1551) had an extensive knowledge of European affairs. In addition to his contacts within Alsace and Germany, he established relations with almost every country on the continent. It was his ecumenical attitude that often led him to mediate between the various parties ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- History - Art History (2)
- History - Book History (58)
- History - Church History (9)
- History - Early Modern History (572)
- History - Economic History (5)
- History - Environmental History (1)
- History - General (278)
- History - Global History (1)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (103)
- History - History of Warfare (10)
- History - Intellectual History (297)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (158)
- History - Legal History (3)
- History - Medieval History (637)
- History - Migration History (3)
- History - Modern History (86)
- History - Social History (2)
- Humanities (2225)