Search: Available: Temporarily Out of Stock, history
Results 1 - 10 of 36
Edited by Matthew Rampley, University of Birmingham, Thierry Lenain, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Hubert Locher, Philipps University, Marburg, Andrea Pinotti, Università degli Studi, Milan, Charlotte Schoell-Glass, University of Hamburg, and Kitty Zijlmans, Leiden University
This book undertakes a critical survey of art history across Europe, examining the recent conceptual and methodological concerns informing the discipline as well as the political, social and ideological factors that have shaped its development in specific national contexts.
Maria Grazia Lancellotti
This volume deals with the figure of Attis and aims to reconsider the mythical and cultic information about this character, studying the processes of "construction" and "reconstruction" that contributed to the moulding of the different forms of Attis that developed as a result of various demands ...
Richard M. Rothaus
by Sandra Gambetti
An imperial adjudication against the Jews prompted the riots of 38 CE in Alexandria. The Roman prefect and the Alexandrian citizenry acted within their institutional roles to the effect that most of the Jews lost their legal residence for good.
Edited by Harvey J. Hames
A collection of articles in honour of a leading historian of the Iberian Peninsula exploring a broad variety of themes dealing with different aspects of the interaction between Jews, Muslims and Christians in the late-medieval Crown of Aragon and its environs.
Dante Alighieri's argument on the question of the language stimulated the debate among fifteenth century humanists. This book provides a novel and open-ended reading of Dante's literature on language as well as a systematic reconstruction of the whole body of humanistic literature on linguistic ...
B. Gentili and G. Cerri
Edited by Constance M. Wilson, Chrystal Stillings Smith and George Vinal Smith
Edited by Jan E.M. Houben
The present volume contains studies of crucial periods and important areas in the history of the Sanskrit language, from the earliest, Vedic and pre-Vedic periods, through the period of "Greater India", up to the recent history of Sanskrit in India.
Wheeler M. Thackston
Persian text and English translation of the major texts of album prefaces, miscellaneous documents, and travel literature from the Timurid and Safavid periods.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Linguistics (1)
- Art and Architecture - General (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (1)
- Asian Studies - China (1)
- Asian Studies - General (1)
- Asian Studies - Japan (4)
- Asian Studies - Japanese Art (1)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (2)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (1)
- Classical Studies - General (1)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (1)
- History - General (3)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (1)
- History - Medieval History (6)
- Jewish Studies - General (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (3)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (2)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (2)
Availability: all » Available: Temporarily Out of Stock
- Humanities (36)