Search: Available: Temporarily Out of Stock, 2003
Results 1 - 10 of 26
This volume deals with the transformation of unchurched religious creativity in the late modern West. It analyzes the ways in which the advance of science, globalization and individualism have fundamentally reshaped esoteric religious traditions, from theosophy to the New Age. This publication ...
Edited by Raymond Westbrook
A comprehensive survey of the Law of the Ancient Near East by a team of specialist scholars, this volume allows non-specialists access to the world's earliest known legal systems.
Hellmut Ritter. Translated by John O'Kane with Editorial Assistance of Bernd Radtke
The Ocean of the Soul is one of the great works of the German Orientalist Hellmut Ritter (1892-1971). It presents a comprehensive analysis of the writings of the mystical Persian poet Farīd al-Dīn ‘Aṭṭār. The book was first published in 1955.
Edited by David C. Reisman, with the assistance of Ahmed H. al-Rahim
This collection of papers addresses a variety of aspects of the life and thought of the medieval philosopher Avicenna including his reception of Classical philosophy, his views on topics such as metaphysics, psychology and medicine, and the recpeption of his thought by later authors.
Edited by Harvey J. Hames
A collection of articles in honour of a leading historian of the Iberian Peninsula exploring a broad variety of themes dealing with different aspects of the interaction between Jews, Muslims and Christians in the late-medieval Crown of Aragon and its environs.
This book contributes to a new way of understanding Islamic history by examining the definition of the Companions, their motives of settlements and political alignments, and the sources of this information (i.e. biographical dictionaries) through a quantitative analysis.
Edited by Antony Anghie, Bhupinder Chimni, Karin Mickelson and Obiora Okafor
Edited by Yoram Dinstein and Fania Domb
J. Hoftijzer and K. Jongeling. With Appendices by R.C. Steiner, A.M. Moshavi and B. Porten
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - General (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Law (1)
- Biblical Studies - Dead Sea Scrolls (1)
- Biblical Studies - General (2)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (2)
- History - Medieval History (4)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Refugee Law (1)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (2)
- International Law - Terrorism (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)
- Theology and Missiology - General (2)
Availability: all » Available: Temporarily Out of Stock
- English (26)