Search: Available: Temporarily Out of Stock, 1991
Results 1 - 10 of 34
Robert D. Haak
Beginning with form- and text-critical examinations of the text of Habakkuk, this work examines the role of the prophet in the historical setting of late 7th-century Judah. It assesses the policies supported by Habakkuk during the debate surrounding the demise of the Assyrian empire and Judah's ...
William R. Newman
The present work contains a critical edition, translation, and study of the Summa perfectionis of Pseudo-Geber, the most influential of the many texts of medieval alchemy. The study addresses such questions as the author's identity, his corpuscular theory of matter, the influence of the Summa, ...
Edited by R. Sellheim
Jan Willem Drijvers
This book about Flavia Julia Helena Augusta, mother of Constantine the Great, deals with the historical facts of Helena's life and investigates the origin and function of the legends concerning the discovery of the True Cross by Helena, which were developed in the 4th and 5th centuries.
P.A.H. de Boer. Edited by C. van Duin
This book contains twenty-four studies of the late Professor de Boer, the well-known Old Testamentarian of Leiden University. Seven were originally published in Dutch and now appear in an English translation, while two of the articles are in German and two in French. One is a posthumous ...
Edited by K. Zweigert and Ulrich Drobnig
Edited by Arie Bloed and Pieter van Dijk
Edited by S. Somekh
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Asian Studies - South Asia (2)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Biblical Studies - General (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (2)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- History - Early Modern History (1)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (2)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Humanitarian Law (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (1)
- International Law - Comparative Law (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (3)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (5)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (2)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)