Search: Available: Temporarily Out of Stock, German
Results 1 - 10 of 36
This detailed commentary of Gellius' accounts of his teacher Taurus reconstructs the picture of this Middle Platonic philosopher as teacher and man and conveys interesting insights into the practice of philosophical teaching in the second century A.D. A collection of all testimonies and ...
The literary figure of Joshua is one of the answers provided by deuteronomistic theologians of the exile when they were confronted with the destruction of the state and society of Judah and were forced to develop new ideas for reorganization.
Maarten J.F.M. Hoenen and Alain de Libera
The German philosophical culture of the Middle Ages is inextricable linked to the thought of Albert the Great. This volume brings together 14 papers, which deal with Albert's influence from the points of view of mysticism, philosophy, and the history of universities.
From an epistemological perspective, the "discovery of nature" in the 12th century represents a fundamental change in the speculative understanding of nature. It provides an important philosophical impetus for the wider assimiliation of the Aristotelian corpus. At the same time, it leads to the ...
This book interprets the theory of relation of John Buridan, one of the most influential thinkers of the late Middle Ages. In so doing it examines his whole wider oeuvre in the context of the history of scholastic debate.
This study of the local colour in the texts of Acts 13 and 14 and on the problem of the addressees of the letter to the Galatians introduces the newest findings in historical research of the province of Galatia in antiquity and shows how they may be fruitfully used in the interpretation of Acts ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- American Studies - General (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Egyptology (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Linguistics (2)
- Asian Studies - China (2)
- Asian Studies - Japan (1)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (3)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (1)
- Classical Studies - General (2)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (2)
- History - Early Modern History (1)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Intellectual History (1)
- History - Medieval History (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
Availability: all » Available: Temporarily Out of Stock
- Humanities (34)
- BRILL (36)