Search: Available: Print on Demand, 2009
Results 1 - 10 of 103
Edited by Hella Olbertz and Sijmen Tol
With over 20,000 titles arranged according to a detailed state-of-the-art classification and an exhaustive keyword-system, the Linguistic Bibliography remains the standard reference work for every scholar of language and linguistics. This volume brings the Linguistic Bibliography up-to-date in ...
Through the case studies of two Hungary born humanists, Johannes Sambucus and Andreas Dudith, this book explores the world of late-sixteenth century East Central European humanism, presenting the ways a scholarly culture became meaning and sellable for a wide group of learned elite.
This book probes attitudes towards Greek antiquity by Lutheran humanists, posited in their sixteenth century context within the framework of Protestant universal history, pedagogical concerns, and the newly made acquaintance with Byzantine texts and post-Byzantine Greeks.
Carol M. Richardson
This book offers a new and interdisciplinary approach to the history of papal Rome, 1400-80. It argues that the College of Cardinals emerged as key agents of its renaissance because of the crises of the fifteenth century.
This volume consists of a general introduction to Greek sacred law and a collection of inscriptions from mainland Greece, the colonies, and the islands (except Cos) published since the late 1960s.
Edited by Alasdair A. MacDonald, Zweder R.W.M. von Martels and Jan R. Veenstra
This collection of new essays throws light on aspects of Christianity and Humanism and their mutual relations. The central focus is on the age of Renaissance and Reformation, and the contributions treat aspects of religion, history, philosophy, literature and education.
Edited by Kevin Ingram
Converso and Morisco are the terms applied to those Jews and Muslims who converted to Christianity (mostly under duress) in late medieval Spain. Converso and Moriscos Studies examines the manifold cultural implications of these mass convertions.
Edited by Mu-chou Poo
This volume addresses the idea of ghost in the Ancient Near East, Egypt, Europe, India, and China. It proposes a multi-cultural apprach to construct a wider and complicated picture of the phenomenon of ghosts and spirits in human societies.
Edited by Henrik Lagerlund
This book aims at beginning the rewriting of the history of skepticism by highlightening the medieval sources of the modern skeptical discussions. It shows through seven newly written essays how epistemological and external-world skepticism was developed and discussed particularly in the ...
Edited by Stephen F. Brown, Thomas Dewender, & Theo Kobusch
Focusing on Meister Eckhart, John Duns Scotus, Hervaeus Natalis, Durandus of St.-Pourçain, Walter Burley and Petrus Aureoli, this volume investigates the nature of philosophical and theological issues and arguments at the University of Paris in the early fourteenth century.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Linguistics (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (2)
- Asian Studies - China (4)
- Asian Studies - Japan (3)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (14)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Biblical Studies - General (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (2)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (1)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (2)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (1)
- History - Early Modern History (9)
- History - General (1)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Intellectual History (4)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (2)
- History - Medieval History (16)
- History - Modern History (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Humanitarian Law (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Minority & Group Rights (1)
- International Law - Environmental Law (1)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (1)
- International Law - Private International Law (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (4)
- Jewish Studies - General (5)
- Language and Linguistics - Dictionaries & Reference Works (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Language Documentation & Language Endangerment (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Ottoman & Turkish Studies (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (2)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
- Social Sciences - Asian Studies (1)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (2)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (1)
- Theology and Missiology - General (1)
Availability: all » Available: Print on Demand
- History (34)
- Biblical Studies (19)
- Asian Studies (10)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (8)
- International Law (7)
- Jewish Studies (5)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt (4)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (4)
- Social Sciences (4)
- Biology (2)
- Language and Linguistics (2)
- Religious Studies (2)
- Classical Studies (1)
- Theology and Missiology (1)
- Yearbook (7)