Search: Available: Print on Demand, 2006
Results 1 - 10 of 71
Edited by Craig Cooper
This volume represents the sixth in the series on Orality and Literacy in Ancient Greece and Rome. The present work comprises a collection of essays that explore the tensions and controversies that arise as society moves from an oral to literate culture.
Edited by Josine H. Blok and André P.M.H. Lardinois
This collection of essays by specialists in the field offers fundamentally new perspectives on the poetry, laws, and historical facts associated with the figure of Solon of Athens (early sixth century B.C.).
An interpretation of the god Dionysos as seen by Greek vase painters before the golden age of classical culture, which will help understand his wide popularity beyond wine consumption, which lasted until the end of antiquity.
Most of the so called Roman deities of North Africa were disguised Libyo-Punic gods. In a global approach of the Roman-African pantheon, using all the available sources, this book investigates on the real identities of each deity worshiped in this area of the Roman Empire.
Charles M. Radding and Antonio Ciaralli
This book traces the history of Justinian’s Institutes, Code, and Digest from late antiquity to the juristic revival of the late eleventh century. It includes extensive discussion of manuscripts and other evidence, and plates of many important manuscripts that have never before been reproduced.
Edited by Han van Ruler and Anthony Uhlmann. Translated by Martin Wilson
This new English edition of Arnold Geulincx’ Ethics is the first complete edition to appear in a modern language and includes notes by the great Irish writer Samuel Beckett, who indicated that Geulincx was a key influence on his works.
Edited by Angelo Mazzocco
Authored by some of the most preeminent Renaissance scholars active today, this volume’s essays give fresh and illuminating analyses of important aspects of Renaissance humanism, including its origin, connection to the papal court and medieval traditions, classical learning, religious and ...
Martine Julia van Ittersum
An in-depth study of Hugo Grotius' involvement with the Dutch East India Company or VOC, this monograph uncovers the ideological origins of the First Dutch Empire, particularly the implications of Grotius’ rights theories for European merchants and their indigenous trading partners.
Edited by John Fotopoulos
This volume is a collection of newly published scholarly studies honoring Prof.Dr. David. E. Aune on his 65th birthday. These groundbreaking studies written by prominent international scholars investigate a range of topics in the New Testament and early Christian literature with insights drawn ...
Edited by Géza G. Xeravits and József Zsengellér
The volume contains essays on various problems of the early Jewish works: the Books of the Maccabees. Authors include renowned international specialists in the literature and thinking of early Judaism.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- African Studies - General (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Authors, Texts, Literature (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Egyptology (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Philosophy, Science & Medicine (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (1)
- Asian Studies - Japan (1)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (2)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (4)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (4)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (3)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (2)
- History - Early Modern History (7)
- History - Intellectual History (3)
- History - Medieval History (3)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Humanitarian Law (1)
- International Law - Air & Space Law (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (1)
- International Law - International Trade Law (2)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (5)
- International Law - Public International Law (4)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (4)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (2)
- Social Sciences - Applied Social Sciences (1)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (2)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (1)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (1)
- Social Sciences - Sociology & Anthropology (1)