Search: Available: Print on Demand, 2001
Results 1 - 10 of 68
A pioneering comparative and multidisciplinary study of the relationship between disease and demography, this book breaks new ground in reconstructing the evolution of mortality patterns, age structure and population density in premodern Egypt.
Edited by Janet Watson
This collection of essays provides a valuable cross-section of recent research into the interrelationship of orality and literacy in the ancient Greek and Roman world.
This book contains all the papers on Greek Colonization published by A. J. Graham over the last forty years. In addition, it includes one new paper, not previously published, entitled 'Thasian Controversies'.
This is the first modern book entirely dedicated to the Orphic Hymns, an intriguing corpus of texts providing material not only to scholars interested in the literary genre of the hymn, but also to historians of religion. The Orphic Hymns are unique in that they link Orphic beliefs, offerings, ...
Edited by Paul Mirecki and Marvin Meyer
This volume contains a series of provocative essays that explore expressions of magic and ritual power in the ancient world. The strength of the present volume lies in the breadth of scholarly approaches represented. The book begins with several papyrological studies presenting important new ...
This book discusses Erasmus’ view of the medieval past and his historical consciousness in general. It attempts to show a fault line between Erasmus’ specific observations on the course of history and the basic assumptions of his Christian humanism.
Ismo Dunderberg, Christopher Tuckett and Kari Syreeni
This collection consists of 22 essays on New Testament, early Christianity, and biblical interpretation. The essays bear especially upon issues related to early Christian diversity and conflicts and to their challenge for biblical interpretation.
Edited by Richard L. Harris, California State University Moterey Bay, Seaside, CA and Melinda J. Seid, California State University Sacramento, CA
This book gives a critique of the contemporary global capitalist system and the adverse consequences suffered by the developing countries as a result of their 'integration' into this system. The current neoliberal paradigm of capitalist development as the only or the best alternative for the ...
Hans Gerhard Senger
This book discusses the general problematic of Islam and democracy and the ideas of certain Iranian religious modernists on the issue. Examining the development of religious intellectualism in post-revolutionary Iran, it presents Abdolkarim Soroush's novel approach to this pertinent topic.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- African Studies - General (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - General (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (2)
- Asian Studies - China (1)
- Asian Studies - Japan (1)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (2)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (1)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Biblical Studies - General (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (3)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (3)
- Classical Studies - General (1)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (2)
- History - Intellectual History (1)
- History - Medieval History (3)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Children's Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (9)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Minority & Group Rights (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (3)
- International Law - International Trade Law (1)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (4)
- International Law - Private International Law (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (7)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (4)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (4)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (2)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (1)