Search: Available: Print on Demand, 1994
Results 1 - 10 of 32
Patricia A. Watson
This is the first full-length study of the stepmother in antiquity. Making use of Graeco-Roman sources as well as modern studies of the stepfamily, it demonstrates how the literary stereotype of the stepmother reflects both real-life circumstances and misogynistic prejudice.
The Nile Mosaic of Palestrina, dating to c. 100 B.C., presents a unique and enigmatic picture of Egypt. This study demonstrates that the mosaic depicts rituals connected with the yearly inundation of Egypt, and will explain how it was that such scenes could be found in Central Italy at this ...
Edited by Augustus Richard Norton
Leading scholars assembled by the Civil Society in the Middle East program provide lucid, informed essays on the prospects for political reform in the Middle East.
Miriam S. Taylor
Against the scholarly consensus that assumes early Christians were involved in a rivalry for converts with contemporary Jews, this book shows that the target of patristic writers was rather a symbolic Judaism, and their aim was to define theologically the young church's identity.
Edited by Theresia Degener and Yolan Koster-Dreese
Edited by David M. Beatty
This book provides keys, descriptions, geographic distribution and bionomics for the Dryinidae and Embolemidae (Hymenoptera: Chrysidoidea) of Fennoscandia and Denmark. The first part deals with general aspects (morphology, biology, evolution). A list of hosts (Homoptera Auchenorrhyncha) is ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Children's Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (6)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Humanitarian Law (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Minority & Group Rights (1)
- International Law - Comparative Law (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (2)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (3)
- International Law - Private International Law (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (6)
- Jewish Studies - General (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
Availability: all » Available: Print on Demand
- English (32)