Search: Available: Print on Demand, English, 2010
Results 1 - 10 of 187
Deze nieuwe beschrijving van het wordingsproces van de Indonesische staat gaat ervan uit, dat die staat zijn ontstaan niet alleen dankt aan de nationale vrijheidsbeweging maar ook aan de Nederlandse heerschappij waar die beweging zich tegen keerde. Daarom gaat het boek uitdrukkelijk in op ...
A new interpretation of the Jesuit mission to New France is here proposed by using, for comparison and contrast, the earlier Jesuit experience in Japan. In order to present revisionist perspectives of the Jesuit missions based on a broader international framework beyond North America, the ...
H. Salvador Martínez. Translated by Odile Cisneros
A truly groundbreaking book, presenting a portrait of Alfonso X, monarch and medieval intellectual par excellence, and the extraordinary cultural history of Spain at that time.
Edited by Michael van der Meer, Percy van Keulen, Willem Th. van Peursen, Bas ter Haar Romeny.
The present collection of essays in honour of Arie van der Kooij offers a rich and original contribution to the study of the Book of Isaiah in the context of ancient near-eastern writings as well as on its reception history.
edited by Steven Friesen, Dan Schowalter, and James Walters
Edited by Cynthia Brokaw and Christopher A. Reed
These essays examine the transformation of Chinese print culture over the past two centuries during which new technologies, intellectual change, and sociopolitical upheavals expanded reading audiences, spawned new genres of print, and reshaped the relationship between publishing and the state.
Howard L. Goodman
This biography of the court scholar Xun Xu explores central areas of intellectual life in third-century China — court lyrics, music, metrology, pitch systems, archeology, and historiography. It clarifies the relevant source texts in order to reveal fierce debates. Besides solving technical ...
A study of the Northern Song Chan monk Qisong and his writings on Chan lineage, this book offers new arguments about Buddhist patriarchs, challenges assumptions about Chan masters, and provides insight into the interactions of Buddhists and the imperial court.
The Glory of Yue is the first translation into any Western language of the Yuejue shu, a collection of essays on history, literature, religion, architecture, economic thought, military science, and philosophy related to the ancient kingdoms of Wu and Yue, in present day eastern China.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- African Studies - General (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Egyptology (2)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (4)
- Asian Studies - China (17)
- Asian Studies - General (3)
- Asian Studies - Japan (4)
- Asian Studies - Korea (3)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (4)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (12)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Biblical Studies - General (2)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (1)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (3)
- Biology - Ethology (1)
- Biology - Nematology (1)
- Classical Studies - General (1)
- History - Early Modern History (15)
- History - General (3)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Intellectual History (12)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (2)
- History - Medieval History (23)
- History - Modern History (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Humanitarian Law (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (1)
- International Law - Environmental Law (1)
- International Law - International Law (3)
- International Law - International Organizations (2)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (3)
- Jewish Studies - General (10)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (19)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Ottoman & Turkish Studies (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Philosophy - General (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (4)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies - History (3)
- Social Sciences - Asian Studies (2)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (2)
- Social Sciences - Economics & Political Science (1)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (3)
- Theology and Missiology - General (5)
Availability: all » Available: Print on Demand
- History (57)
- Asian Studies (35)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (21)
- Biblical Studies (18)
- International Law (10)
- Jewish Studies (10)
- Social Sciences (8)
- Biology (5)
- Religious Studies (5)
- Theology and Missiology (5)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt (4)
- Slavic and Eurasian Studies (3)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (2)
- African Studies (1)
- Classical Studies (1)
- Philosophy (1)