Search: Available: In Print
Availability: Available: In Print
Results 211 - 220 of 305
This book deals for the first time with the unexplored world of medieval Latin speeches. It presents a number of highly interesting Latin texts each accompanied by a historical introduction, a German translation, and an extensive analysis of the rhetorical quality.
Christina Meckelnborg and Bernd Schneider
The first publication of the Opusculum fabularum, a medieval collection of Latin adaptations of Aesopian fables, which has been handed down in a Berlin manuscript. It is a valuable contribution to the studies of the development of the fable in the Middle Ages and in early modern times.
Among other things (notably a new temple oath), this edition of sixty-five Greek, demotic, and Greek-demotic ostraka from Upper-Egypt (Elephantine, Hermonthis, Thebes), contains much new information about fiscal matters of the period, also about taxation by the Temple of Amun.
Starting from theories on dreams, the innovative philosophical atmosphere of the Western 12th century are examined here. It is shown that the integration of Arabic medical know-how eventually opened perspectives which brought about the new interest in the Byzantine and Arabic Aristotle. Anhand ...
W. Clarysse and G. van der Veken
Edited by P.W. Pestman
Edited by Haijo Jan Westra and Tanja Kupke. With the assistance of Benjamin Garstad
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Asian Studies - Japan (4)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (12)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (3)
- Classical Studies - General (33)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (197)
- Classical Studies - Religion (1)
- History - General (29)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Intellectual History (1)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (1)
- History - Medieval History (10)
- Jewish Studies - General (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Philosophy of Language & History of Linguistics (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
Availability: all » Available: In Print
- Humanities (297)