Search: Available: Temporarily Out of Stock, 1992
Results 1 - 10 of 29
Tamara M. Green
The author unravels strands of religious tradition in Harran that run from the old Semitic planetary cults through Hellenistic hermeticism, gnosticism, and Neo-Pythagoreanism and Christian cults to esoteric Islamic sects such as the Sufis and Shia.
Gregory E. Sterling
This is the first full and systematic attempt to set Hellenistic Jewish and early Christian historiography within the framework of Greco-Roman traditions. The thesis of the monograph is that a distinct historiographical tradition, apologetic historiography, developed as a result of a dialectic ...
Roman A. Ohrenstein and Barry Gordon
This book discusses the economics of the Talmud in the light of modern economics. Its focus is on the intricate debates, statements and principles that were forged by the great minds of the Talmudic Rabbis. This ancient storehouse of learning includes a wealth of economic knowledge of modern ...
Edited by R. Sellheim
Peter of Spain (Petrus Hispanus Portugalensis). First Critical Edition with an Introduction and Indexes by L.M. de Rijk. With an English Translation by Joke Spruyt
The first critical edition of the Syncategoreumata by the thirteenth-century philosopher Peter of Spain (Petrus Hispanus Portugalensis), accompanied by a facing-page English translation to make its contents accessible to modern readers. The introduction gives an account of all the manuscripts ...
A literary comparison of surviving alternative versions of selected narrative-cycles from the Nights. Pinault draws on the published Arabic editions — especially Bulaq, MacNaghten, and the fourteenth-century Galland text recently edited by Mahdi — as well as unpublished Arabic manuscripts from ...
Ibn ṭāwūs (d. 664/1266) was a famous Shī‘ī scholar and bibliophile. This book portrays his intellectual world and working methods, and reconstructs, as far as possible, his extensive library, which included many works now lost. Kohlberg's monograph is an important contribution to Shī‘ī studies ...
Edited by Joel L. Kraemer
Contributions by: Moshe Gil, Joel L. Kraemer, P.Sj. van Koningsveld, Gideon Goldenberg, R.J. Hayward, Geoffrey Khan, Anson F. Rainey, Shlomo Raz, Daniel Sivan, and J. Sadan.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - History (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (1)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (1)
- History - Early Modern History (1)
- History - Intellectual History (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (3)
- International Law - International Organizations (2)
- International Law - Public International Law (4)
- Jewish Studies - General (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Discourse Analysis & Sociolinguistics (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Historical & Comparative Linguistics (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (2)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (2)
- Social Sciences - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
Availability: all » Available: Temporarily Out of Stock
- Yearbook (4)