Search: Available: Print on Demand, Paperback
Results 1 - 10 of 223
Healers on the Colonial Market is one of the few studies on the Dutch East Indies from a postcolonial perspective. It provides an enthralling addition to research on both the history of the Dutch East Indies and the history of colonial medicine.
European traders and soldiers established a foothold on Timor in the course of the seventeenth century, motivated by the quest for the commercially vital sandalwood and the intense competition between the Dutch and the Portuguese. Lords of the Land, Lords of the Sea focuses on two centuries of ...
Edited by Yilmaz Esmer, Bogazici University in Istanbul, Turkey and Thorleif Pettersson, Uppsala University, Sweden
Based on the data from the European and World Values Studies, this volume discuss basic theoretical and methodological issues of value research and focus on some the most basic processes of value change: cultural globalization, individualization, secularization and democratization.
Edited by Mattei Dogan, National Center of Scientific Research, Paris
The analysis focuses on the low esteem for politicians, their vulnerability, the concept of associated-rivals, the nexus-judges-journalists and the civil death of politicians under judicial investigations.
Edited by Henk Vinken, Tilburg University, the Netherlands Joseph Soeters, Royal Netherlands's Military Academy and Tilburg University, and Peter Ester, Tilburg University
This book provides insight in the different classic frameworks of addressing cultural diversity around the globe. Key authors reflect on each others classic work and frontline academics in comparative social science show how cultural dimensions matter for explaining contemporary issues in a wide ...
Edited by Jamil Jreisat, University of South Florida
Governance is not a topic that easily lends itself to neat and precise definitions. Although concepts and practices of governance are profoundly under-specified, they are frequently associated with three dimensions: how and why governments are structured, what processes they employ in governing, ...
Edited by Richard L. Harris, California State University Moterey Bay, Seaside, CA and Melinda J. Seid, California State University Sacramento, CA
This book gives a critique of the contemporary global capitalist system and the adverse consequences suffered by the developing countries as a result of their 'integration' into this system. The current neoliberal paradigm of capitalist development as the only or the best alternative for the ...
Guy G. Stroumsa
This book investigates the problem of esoteric traditions in early Christianity, their origin and their transformation in Patristic hermeneutics, in the West as well as in the East. It argues that these traditions eventually formed the basis of nascent Christian mysticism in Late ...
Edited by Peris Jones and Kristian Stokke
What are the prospects and means of achieving development through a democratic politics of socio-economic rights? Starting from the position that socio-economic rights are as legally and normatively valid as civil and political rights, this anthology explores the politics of acquiring and ...
The contemporary search for the feminine face of God requires a re- examination of the relationship of Christianity to the pagan world in which it was born. This study inquires into extra-biblical sources of Marian piety, belief and doctrine. This publication has also been published in ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- African Studies - General (10)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Religion (1)
- Asian Studies - China (7)
- Asian Studies - General (4)
- Asian Studies - Japan (2)
- Asian Studies - Korea (2)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (2)
- Biblical Studies - General (5)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (2)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (6)
- Biology - Nematology (2)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (2)
- Classical Studies - General (3)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (3)
- History - Early Modern History (2)
- History - General (5)
- History - Intellectual History (3)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (4)
- History - Medieval History (15)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Children's Rights (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (9)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Humanitarian Law (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (2)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Minority & Group Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Refugee Law (1)
- International Law - Comparative Law (17)
- International Law - International Law (2)
- International Law - International Organizations (8)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (3)
- International Law - Public International Law (9)
- International Law - Terrorism (3)
- International Relations - International Relations (5)
- Jewish Studies - General (7)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (6)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (19)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (4)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Sociology & Anthropology (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (3)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
- Social Sciences - Applied Social Sciences (5)
- Social Sciences - Asian Studies (4)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (6)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (4)
- Social Sciences - Economics & Political Science (1)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (7)
- Social Sciences - Sociology & Anthropology (3)
Availability: all » Available: Print on Demand
- International Law (42)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (34)
- Social Sciences (30)
- History (29)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (17)
- Biblical Studies (15)
- Asian Studies (14)
- African Studies (10)
- Classical Studies (8)
- Jewish Studies (7)
- International Relations (5)
- Religious Studies (4)
- Biology (2)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt (1)