Search: walter, Available: In Print
Results 1 - 10 of 30
Edited by Walter Scheidel
This volume provides the first comprehensive survey of current methods, progress and debates in Roman demography, and offers new insights into key issues of population change and reproductive behaviour in the Roman world from Italy to Egypt.
Edited by Michael Treschow, Willemien Otten and Walter Hannam
This volume contains essays by twenty-two eminent scholars from across North America and Europe, examining various aspects of the Hebraic, Hellenic, patristic, medieval, and early modern understandings of God and creation.
Walter T. Wilson
This study investigates Colossians as a form of theological education and appeal that endeavors to guide the moral formation of its readers in a Christian setting, making use of practical strategies familiar especially from the traditions of Greco-Roman philosophy.
Herausgegeben von Frank Hentschel
In this volume specialists of medieval music and philosophy put the medieval 'musica' into the context of ideas and institutions in which it existed. The significance of 'musica' cannot be understood from a modern point of view since 'music' does not match the medieval 'musica'.
Edited by Cilliers Breytenbach
This volume contains important contributions to the question of relationship of Judeo-Christians and Gentile-Christians; to literary criticism of the pauline letters; to the historical place of the Letter to the Hebrews; to the origin of the synoptic tradition, and to the theology and history of ...
Das Buch versucht, zwei bislang unterschätzte Psalmen im Psalter, die dort weit auseinanderstehen, als 'Entwicklungszusammenhang' aufzufassen und so eine neue Art der Gruppierung — jenseits von Gunkel — zu initiieren. Zugleich wird ein besseres, adäquateres Verständnis beider Gedichte ...
Edited by Celeste Brusati, Karl Enenkel and Walter Melion
This book examines scriptural authority and its textual and visual instruments, asking how words and images interacted to represent and by representing to constitute authority, both sacred and secular, in Northern Europe between 1400 and 1700.
Walter M. Spink
Walter M. Spink
These photographs of the Ajanta cave complex are the indispensable complement to the text volumes of Ajanta: History and Development. With maps, timechart, ornamentation checklist, and numerous details of the art of Ajanta.
Walter M. Spink
Click a term to refine your current search.
- American Studies - General (1)
- Art and Architecture - Art History (1)
- Asian Studies - East Asia (1)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (4)
- Biblical Studies - General (7)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (2)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (2)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Science & Medicine (1)
- Classical Studies - General (1)
- History - Early Modern History (1)
- History - Intellectual History (3)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (1)
- International Law - Comparative Law (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (1)
- Jewish Studies - General (1)
- Social Sciences - Applied Social Sciences (1)