Search: thomas, Available: In Print, Book
Results 1 - 10 of 115
Thomas J. Lindblad
This monograph offers the first comprehensive history of the decolonization of the Indonesian economy, a process with a different momentum and timing from the achievement of political independence. It traces the origins of economic decolonization to the late-colonial period, covers developments ...
The House of Our Ancestors is a study of the Mountain Balinese or Bali Aga, an ethnic group with a distinct history and culture who are thought to be the indigenous people of Bali, Indonesia. In popular ideas of Balinese identity, the highland people feature as the conceptual counterpart to the ...
Edited by Hélène Cazes
This volume gathers studies and documentation on Bonaventura Vulcanius, a versatile philologist and writer who in 1581 settled in Leiden as a Professor of Greek and Latin. It includes many unpublished texts pertaining to this mysterious figure Dutch Humanism.
Edited by Freek Colombijn & J. Thomas Lindblad
Jakarta, Sambas, Poso, the Moluccas, West Papua. These simple, geographical names have recently obtained strong associations with mass killing, just as Aceh and East Timor, where large-scale violence has flared up again. Lethal incidents between adjacent villages, or between a petty criminal and ...
Edited by Christina Shuttleworth Kraus
This volume explores the intersection between historiography and related genres in antiquity, ranging from China to the Mediterranean. Contributors use a range of reading strategies to analyze the place of rhetoric, genre, and intertextuality in these important ancient narratives.
Thomas M. Lennon
This historical study of Pierre-Daniel Huet’s Censura philosophiae cartesiana (1689) and the controversy surrounding it, shows that there are good answers to the perennial standard criticisms of Descartes’s philosophy: the method of doubt, the cogito, proofs of God’s existence, etc.
Samuel S. Thomas
Through the extensive diaries of Presbyterian minister Oliver Heywood, this book explores the role that individuals played in fashioning their religious communities during the Restoration, as England stumbled from persecution towards a limited toleration of Protestant dissenters.
By Thomas Wagner
In einer redaktionskritischen Analyse bietet dieses Buch die Rekonstruktion der Entwicklung der kābôd-Theologie und zeigt dabei drei literarische Profile auf, die die Autoren des Alten Testaments durch die Transformation der Tradition vom göttlichen Königtum entwickelten. Drawing on ...
Andrew L. Thomas
This book examines the intersection between religious belief, dynastic ambitions, and late Renaissance court culture within the main branches of Germany's most storied ruling house, the Wittelsbach dynasty. Their influence touched many shores from the "coast" of Bohemia to Boston.
Edited by Thomas Bénatouïl and Mauro Bonazzi
This volume deals with the appropriations, criticism and transformation of Plato’s and Aristotle’s positions about theory, practice and the contemplative life, including their epistemological and metaphysical foundations, from Theophrastus to the end of Antiquity (including Jewish and Christian ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Art and Architecture - Art History (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (1)
- Asian Studies - China (2)
- Asian Studies - General (2)
- Asian Studies - History (1)
- Asian Studies - Japanese Art (1)
- Asian Studies - Religion (1)
- Asian Studies - Social Sciences (1)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (2)
- Biblical Studies - General (3)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (6)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (5)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (2)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (4)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (2)
- Classical Studies - General (3)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (4)
- History - Early Modern History (14)
- History - General (6)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Intellectual History (2)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (2)
- History - Medieval History (7)
- History - Modern History (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Health Law (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (1)
- International Law - Comparative Law (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (3)
- International Law - International Trade Law (2)
- International Law - Private International Law (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (1)
- International Law - Terrorism (1)
- International Relations - International Relations (1)
- Jewish Studies - General (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Discourse Analysis & Sociolinguistics (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Language Documentation & Language Endangerment (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Ottoman & Turkish Studies (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (7)
- Social Sciences - Applied Social Sciences (1)
- Social Sciences - Asian Studies (1)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (2)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (3)
- Social Sciences - Economics & Political Science (1)
- Social Sciences - General (2)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (2)
- Social Sciences - Sociology & Anthropology (2)
Availability: all » Available: In Print
- History (33)
- Biblical Studies (17)
- Social Sciences (14)
- Classical Studies (13)
- Asian Studies (9)
- International Law (9)
- Religious Studies (7)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (3)
- Biology (2)
- Language and Linguistics (2)
- Art and Architecture (1)
- International Relations (1)
- Jewish Studies (1)