Search: stephen, Book, Hardback
Results 1 - 10 of 58
Edited by Stephen Clucas, Peter J. Forshaw and Valery Rees
This collection of essays presents new work on the Renaissance philosopher Marsilio Ficino (1433-1499) which explores aspects of Ficino’s own thought and the sources which he used, and traces his influence on the philosophy of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
edited by Johannes Hahn, Stephen Emmel & Ulrich Gotter
Destruction of temples and their transformation into churches are central symbols of change in religious environment, socio-political system, and public perception in late antiquity. Archaeologists, historians, and historians of religion seek an appropriate larger perspective on the phenomenon ...
Stephen A. Chavura
This study examines themes in the political ideas of Episcopalian, Puritan, and Separatist authors from the reign of Edward VI until the death of Elizabeth I. Cosmic harmony, providentialism, natural law, absolutism, and government by consent are examined in the context of the theological, ...
Stephen A. Wilson
Drawing on Protestant scholasticism, Puritan “precisionism,” and virtue ethics, Virtue Reformed offers a comprehensive rereading of the ethical position of American philosopher-theologian Jonathan Edwards and his fascinating struggle to be both forwarder of the Reformation and participant in the ...
Edited by Stephen Gersh and Bert Roest
This collection of essays explores in an innovative way the humanist aspects of medieval and post-medieval intellectual life and their multifarious appropriation during the early modern and modern period.
By Stephen Shead
Drawing on various modern linguistic models, including cognitive linguistics, frame semantics, and construction grammar, this book presents a new, integrated approach to lexical semantic analysis of biblical Hebrew, applying it in a detailed study of words related to “exploring.”
Edited by Stephen F. Brown, Thomas Dewender, & Theo Kobusch
Focusing on Meister Eckhart, John Duns Scotus, Hervaeus Natalis, Durandus of St.-Pourçain, Walter Burley and Petrus Aureoli, this volume investigates the nature of philosophical and theological issues and arguments at the University of Paris in the early fourteenth century.
Stephen D. Bowd
This volume focuses on Vencenzo Querini (1478-1514) who gave up successful diplomatic career in Venice to explore scriptural, humanist, conciliar, monastic and mystical paths of church reform at a critical point in the religious history of the sixteenth century.
Edited by Ilana Zinguer and Heinz Schott
This volume provides important aspects of the history of paracelsism in Europe which were not yet studied and recognized.
Stephen J. Patterson, Willamette University
Ten seminal essays on the Gospel of Thomas from a scholar whose work has been at the center of the Thomas debate for more than two decades.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Authors, Texts, Literature (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (1)
- Asian Studies - China (1)
- Asian Studies - Japan (1)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (3)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (3)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (5)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (2)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- History - Book History (1)
- History - Early Modern History (5)
- History - General (4)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (2)
- History - Intellectual History (5)
- History - Medieval History (3)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (5)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Minority & Group Rights (1)
- International Law - Comparative Law (1)
- International Law - Legal History (1)
- International Law - Private International Law (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Contemporary Islam (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Philosophy - Continental Philosophy (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (1)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (2)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (1)