Results 1 - 10 of 68
Edited by Stephen F. Teiser, Martin Kern and Timothy Brook
Edited by Rüdiger Frank, James E. Hoare, Patrick Köllner and Susan Pares. Associate Editors: Stephen Epstein and Moon Chung-in
This annual series provides up-to-date information on the politics, economy and society of both South and North Korea. Each volume is structured as follows: The first part offers the reader an up-to-date analysis and commentary on the following topics: • Domestic Politics and the Economy in ...
Edited by Stephen Bevans (Catholic Theological Union) and Miikka Ruokanen (University of Helsinki/Nanjing Union Theological Seminary)
Brill’s series Studies in Systematic Theology accepts for publication monographs of high academic quality in the field of the systematic research of Christian doctrinal theology. All books published in the series must employ a systematic method of research. The scope of the series covers the ...
Stephen C. Druce
Stephen Druce demonstrates the progression to political complexity by combining a range of sources and methods, including oral, textual, archaeological, linguistic and geographical information and analysis as he explores the rise and development of five South Sulawesi kingdoms, known ...
Edited by Stephen Clucas, Peter J. Forshaw and Valery Rees
This collection of essays presents new work on the Renaissance philosopher Marsilio Ficino (1433-1499) which explores aspects of Ficino’s own thought and the sources which he used, and traces his influence on the philosophy of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
edited by Johannes Hahn, Stephen Emmel & Ulrich Gotter
Destruction of temples and their transformation into churches are central symbols of change in religious environment, socio-political system, and public perception in late antiquity. Archaeologists, historians, and historians of religion seek an appropriate larger perspective on the phenomenon ...
Stephen A. Chavura
This study examines themes in the political ideas of Episcopalian, Puritan, and Separatist authors from the reign of Edward VI until the death of Elizabeth I. Cosmic harmony, providentialism, natural law, absolutism, and government by consent are examined in the context of the theological, ...
Stephen A. Wilson
Drawing on Protestant scholasticism, Puritan “precisionism,” and virtue ethics, Virtue Reformed offers a comprehensive rereading of the ethical position of American philosopher-theologian Jonathan Edwards and his fascinating struggle to be both forwarder of the Reformation and participant in the ...
Edited by Stephen Gersh and Bert Roest
This collection of essays explores in an innovative way the humanist aspects of medieval and post-medieval intellectual life and their multifarious appropriation during the early modern and modern period.
By Stephen Shead
Drawing on various modern linguistic models, including cognitive linguistics, frame semantics, and construction grammar, this book presents a new, integrated approach to lexical semantic analysis of biblical Hebrew, applying it in a detailed study of words related to “exploring.”
Click a term to refine your current search.
- African Studies - General (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt - Authors, Texts, Literature (1)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (1)
- Asian Studies - China (1)
- Asian Studies - General (2)
- Asian Studies - Japan (1)
- Asian Studies - Korea (1)
- Asian Studies - South Asia (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (3)
- Biblical Studies - Gnosticism & Manichaeism (3)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (6)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (2)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (1)
- History - Book History (1)
- History - Early Modern History (5)
- History - General (4)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (2)
- History - Intellectual History (5)
- History - Medieval History (3)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (5)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Minority & Group Rights (1)
- International Law - Comparative Law (1)
- International Law - Legal History (1)
- International Law - Private International Law (1)
- International Law - Terrorism (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Contemporary Islam (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Philosophy - Continental Philosophy (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (2)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (1)
- Social Sciences - African Studies (1)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (1)
- Social Sciences - Critical Social Sciences (2)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (1)
- Theology and Missiology - General (1)
- History (20)
- Biblical Studies (14)
- Asian Studies (7)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (6)
- Social Sciences (5)
- International Law (4)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (3)
- Religious Studies (3)
- Classical Studies (2)
- African Studies (1)
- Ancient Near East and Egypt (1)
- Philosophy (1)
- Theology and Missiology (1)