Search: shlomo, Available: In Print
Results 21 - 30 of 35
This last volume of the The Jews in Sicily records the history of the Jews in Sicily from 1490 to 1497 based mainly on governmental sources. They cover the last years leading up to the expulsion, the expulsion itself, and a few events in its aftermath.
This volume in the series Documentary History of the Jews in Italy illustrates the history of the Jews in Sicily from 1478 to 1489. It is the sequel to the first six volumes and covers the events during the first years of the rule of King Ferdinand II.
Edited by S.N. Eisenstadt
Presents a colloquium of scholars on the present state of democracy in many parts of the globe, in both developed and developing countries. Where does it stand firm, and where is it on shifting ground? What are the conditions necessary for the consolidation of democracy — and more.
Edited by Yoav Ariel, Shlomo Biderman and Ornan Rotem
A collection of essays in which philosophers of widely different interests grapple with the problem of the relative and the absolute in philosophy and religion. A concluding article tries to advance beyond the simple antithesis to a more sophisticated and adequite conception.
Edited by Shlomo Biderman and Ben-Ami Scharfstein
This volume in the series Documentary History of the Jews in Italy illustrates the history of the Jews in Sicily during the last decade of the fourteenth century and the first two of the fifteenth. It is the sequel to the first and second volumes on the history of the Jews in Sicily, and ...
On the 2nd of January 1719, seventeen year-old Abraham Levie launched his grand tour which lasted five years and took him to Germany, Hohemia, Morarvia, Austria and Italy. His travelogue includes descriptions of Jewish communities and their relationship with the surrounding Christian society. ...
Click a term to refine your current search.
- History - Early Modern History (1)
- History - General (5)
- History - Intellectual History (1)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (16)
- History - Medieval History (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - International Criminal Law (1)
- Jewish Studies - General (2)
- Jewish Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Jewish Studies - Literature & Linguistics (1)
- Jewish Studies - Manuscripts & Book History (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (3)
- Social Sciences - Sociology & Anthropology (1)