Results 1 - 10 of 61
Devoted to assessing the state of ocean and coastal governance, knowledge, and management, the Ocean Yearbook provides information in one convenient resource.
Edited by Alan J. Avery-Peck, William Scott Green and Jacob Neusner
Edited by Alan J. Avery-Peck (College of the Holy Cross) and William Scott Green (University of Rochester)
Jonathan Scott Perry
This book traces the history of scholarship on an ancient Roman institution, exploring the roles of modern social, political, and economic thought on individual scholars, especially in the turbulent years between 1843 and 1945.
This is a historical and factual commentary on Herodotus book 6, which aims to assess the reality behind Herodotus' account of the years from the Ionian revolt to Miltiades' death. Further related material is discussed in a series of appendices.
Edited by Katherine Allen Smith and Scott Wells
Encompassing the work of historians, art-historians, and literary scholars, these essays explore how interrelated processes of communal inclusion and exclusion - articulated through institutions, discourses, performances, and artefacts - shaped the construction of individual and collective ...
These essays, comprising case-studies and broader surveys, deal with town-country relations and regional systems and identities in late medieval and early modern Germany, especially in their impact on social and religious change in the age of the Reformation.
James M. Scott
This volume argues essentially that for the Book of Jubilees, a Jewish apocalyptic writing of the mid-second century BCE, the consummation of the ages will effect the restoration of sacred space and sacred time, so that all things correspond to God’s original will for the creation on earth as in ...
Scott M. Manetsch
This volume presents a fascinating account of the political strategies, religious attitudes, and resistance activities of Theodore Beza and other French Protestant leaders between the Saint Bartholomew's Day massacres (1572) and the Edict of Nantes (1598).
Edited by Scott Leckie
Click a term to refine your current search.
- African Studies - General (2)
- Asian Studies - Central Asia (1)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (1)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (2)
- Biblical Studies - General (7)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (3)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (1)
- History - Early Modern History (7)
- History - General (1)
- History - Jewish History & Culture (1)
- History - Medieval History (4)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (3)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Refugee Law (1)
- International Law - Environmental Law (1)
- International Law - International Organizations (2)
- International Law - Law of the Sea (10)
- International Law - Private International Law (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (3)
- Jewish Studies - General (5)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)