Search: m, Available: Temporarily Out of Stock, BRILL
Results 1 - 10 of 30
Richard M. Rothaus
Tamara M. Green
The author unravels strands of religious tradition in Harran that run from the old Semitic planetary cults through Hellenistic hermeticism, gnosticism, and Neo-Pythagoreanism and Christian cults to esoteric Islamic sects such as the Sufis and Shia.
Iain M. Duguid
This study explores the attitudes expressed in the Book of Ezekiel towards the various different leadership groups within Judean society: the monarchy, the priests and Levites, the prophets, and the lay leadership (including zeqēnîm, śārîm and other ruling classes).
Edited by Jan A.M. de Meyer and Peter M. Engelfriet
This collection of essays provides refreshing insights into the religious dimensions of traditional Chinese culture. Spanning two millennia, it deals with topics as varied as ritual, popular cults, puppet theatre, medicine and literature, but its bulk is devoted to Taoism.
Meir M. Bar-Asher
An exploration of the features and methods of Imāmī exegesis. Principally, it offers a description and analysis of the major tenets of Imāmī doctrine, as reflected in the earliest Imāmī works of exegesis and related sources, up to the Major Occultation of the twelfth Imam in 329/941.
Jay M. Harrington
This volume offers a detailed chronological and systematic history of the debate surrounding Luke's use of Mark's Gospel and special sources in a section of the passion narrative, concluding with an exegesis of Lk 23,6 - 16 as a testing ground of material derived from the survey. An extensive ...
This volume treats dance flies of the genus Empis (Diptera, Empididae) of Fennoscandia and NW Europe. Altogether, 64 species in 11 subgenera are recognized. Each species is briefly described and the main differential characters are fully illustrated, with full data on synonymy, type specimens, ...
Edited by John J. Cleary and Gary M. Gurtler, S.J.
This latest BACAP Proceedings covers three key areas in ancient philosophy, ethics, method and physics. Under ethics, there are three papers on Socratic piety, Aristotelian friendship, and Augustinian-Platonic virtue. Under method, Socratic elenchos, Socratic maieutic, and Aristotelian ...
Richard M. Cooler
The persistence of ritualized hopes and beliefs expressed visually on Karen bronze drums is presented through an extended analysis of the motifs on the tympani of 370 drums. Numerical, configurational, and cultural arguments are supported by copious tables and illustrations.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Asian Studies - China (1)
- Asian Studies - General (3)
- Asian Studies - South East Asia (2)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (1)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (1)
- Biology - Biology & Environmental Sciences (4)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (1)
- Classical Studies - Ancient Philosophy (1)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (3)
- History - General (1)
- History - Medieval History (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Archaeology, Art & Architecture (2)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Literature (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Philosophy, Theology & Science (1)
- Religious Studies - Religion in Antiquity (2)