Search: joseph, Book
Results 11 - 20 of 61
Edited by Joseph Sievers and Gaia Lembi
This volume focuses on the interplay between Josephus’ Judean identity and his Roman context. After treating historiographical and literary issues, it addresses Josephus’ presentation of Judaism and of historical “facts.” A final section deals with the transmission of his works.
Edited by Richard B. Day, University of Toronto and Joseph Masciulli, St. Thomas University, Fredericton, NB, Canada
This book measures the current institutional and political realities surrounding globalization against philosophical ideals. Though the contributors share no particular orthodoxy, they do share the conviction that human responsibility is possible in circumstances that often appear to deny human ...
Ben-Zion Rosenfeld and Joseph Menirav. Translated from the Hebrew by Chava Cassel
The book describes commercial activity in the Jewish community in Roman Palestine and the interactions between these different components of a controlled system. The book also discusses methods for determining prices and price enforcement, the views of the different marketors, and the status of ...
Edited by Thomas M. Izbicki and Christopher M. Bellitto
This volume examines the theme of Reform in medieval and early modern thought from a variety of viewpoints. These articles will be useful for the study of intellectual history, ecclesiastical history, the history of spirituality and medieval Apocalypticism.
Edited by Henk Vinken, Tilburg University, the Netherlands Joseph Soeters, Royal Netherlands's Military Academy and Tilburg University, and Peter Ester, Tilburg University
This book provides insight in the different classic frameworks of addressing cultural diversity around the globe. Key authors reflect on each others classic work and frontline academics in comparative social science show how cultural dimensions matter for explaining contemporary issues in a wide ...
Joseph L. Angel
Departing from scholarship dedicated to the socio-historical realities of priesthood at Qumran, this book explores images of otherworldly and messianic/eschatological priesthood in the Dead Sea Scrolls as a reflection of the religious worldview of the Qumran community and related groups.
Edited by Ilana Zinguer and Heinz Schott
This volume provides important aspects of the history of paracelsism in Europe which were not yet studied and recognized.
The book, well illustrated, presents in a wider historical-cultural context the results of the archaeological explorations (1990’s to early 2000’s) at Caesarea Maritima, the provincial capital of Roman Judaea/Palaestina, where Jews, Pagans, Christians and Samaritans lived side by side.
Edited by Joseph G. Jabbra, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, and Nancy W. Jabbra, Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles
This co-edited volume addresses the major environmental problems faced by seven Middle Eastern Countries and the region of the Arabian/Persian Gulf. Leading scholars and experts explore methodically the strains that afflict that region's ecosystems and provide solutions to their protection.
Edited by Shlomo Simonsohn, Tel-Aviv University and Joseph Shatzmiller, Duke University
This volume contains the proceedings of the Italia Judaica Jubilee Conference, held at Tel Aviv University 3-5 January, 2010, on the occasion of the jubilee celebration of outstanding scholarship on the history of Italian Jewry.
Click a term to refine your current search.
- Art and Architecture - Art History (1)
- Asian Studies - China (1)
- Asian Studies - Japan (2)
- Biblical Studies - Biblical Interpretations (2)
- Biblical Studies - Dead Sea Scrolls (1)
- Biblical Studies - Early Church & Patristics (1)
- Biblical Studies - Hebrew Bible (7)
- Biblical Studies - New Testament & Early Christian Writings (4)
- Biology - Zoology (2)
- Classical Studies - Ancient History (3)
- Classical Studies - Greek & Latin Literature (2)
- History - Early Modern History (2)
- History - History of Science & Medicine (1)
- History - Intellectual History (2)
- History - Medieval History (5)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Human Rights (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Humanitarian Law (1)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law - Minority & Group Rights (1)
- International Law - Air & Space Law (2)
- International Law - International Trade Law (1)
- International Law - Private International Law (1)
- International Law - Public International Law (1)
- Jewish Studies - General (2)
- Jewish Studies - History & Culture (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Discourse Analysis & Sociolinguistics (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Historical & Comparative Linguistics (1)
- Language and Linguistics - Theoretical Linguistics (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - General (1)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies - Islamic Law (2)
- Religious Studies - History of Religion (1)
- Social Sciences - Applied Social Sciences (1)
- Social Sciences - Comparative Social Sciences (1)
- Social Sciences - Economics & Political Science (1)
- Social Sciences - Religion & Society (2)
- Theology and Missiology - General (1)
- Biblical Studies (15)
- History (10)
- Classical Studies (5)
- International Law (5)
- Social Sciences (5)
- Asian Studies (3)
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (3)
- Jewish Studies (3)
- Language and Linguistics (3)
- Middle East and Islamic Studies (3)
- Biology (2)
- Art and Architecture (1)
- Religious Studies (1)
- Theology and Missiology (1)